What we are looking for
JASS (Just Associates), a feminist movement support organization rooted in the Global South, is looking for a talented and social media savvy Digital Communications Coordinator to co-develop and implement JASS’ digital strategy aimed at increasing the influence and relevance of grassroots women’s voices and solutions. The Digital Communications Coordinator will report to the Manager of Resource Mobilization and work closely with our cross-regional communications team and other staff, as well as with our partners and allies around the world.
The Digital Communications Coordinator will be responsible for: 1. Co-creating and implementing a bold and expansive JASS’ digital content strategy; 2. Implement a tight but responsive communications calendar, supporting the production of compelling content, and coordinating its targeted dissemination across JASS media platforms; 3. Managing JASS global social media platforms fed by distinct and vibrant but interconnected regional platforms; and, 4. Ensuring JASS’ new website is fresh and always up to date including coordinating the publishing of content.
What you need to succeed
- Powerful Storytelling. You should have an intuitive ability to represent complex concepts in a clear, concise, and compelling way. Bonus points for the ability to explain concepts like patriarchy in one sentence that your aunt would understand
- Creative Sensibilities. You have an eye for good design and know how to cut through creative clutter. Further, you have worked with (and led) creative teams across a range of disciplines.
- Diverse Experience. We are a women’s rights organization but we value insights and knowledge from a variety of experiences and backgrounds. If you know our space, great. If you are curious and passionate, we still want to hear from you.
- Inspiring Coordination Style. You have proven the ability to inspire among internal teams and allies to push the boundaries of what they thought was possible.
- Contagious Passion. You should see and be inspired by the world around you and by the women who lead social justice efforts every day. You have a fire in your belly and, in turn, you should be able to stoke the fires of those around you.
- Have a good sense of humor. Enough said.
Strategy & Content
- Collaborate with JASS cross-regional and regional communications staff to develop and implement a digital communications strategy that increases the quality and flow of traffic to JASS social media platforms and website
- Co-create and implement strategy for JASS Dialogue series, Women Radically Transforming a World in Crisis to ensure broader reach and sustained engagement
- Expand the visibility and reach of JASS’ knowledge products, tools, and analysis, including We Rise, our movement-builder’s resource kit, as part of broader promotion plans that you’ll be involved in developing
- Maximize outreach and solidarity at strategic moments through virtual promotion of JASS campaigns (e.g. Women Crossing the Line) and events, and developing urgent action alerts
- Support the development and dissemination of JASS newsletters, promotional collateral, e-bulletins, and other online outreach strategies, research new possibilities for outreach and collaboration with other organizations
- Support the completion of JASS new website and help keep it current including writing, editing, and publishing content
- Regularly monitor website performance and engagement and suggest adjustments to content and design
- Support the regular production of content for regional updates, blog, and annual reports including writing and editing
- Create a JASS Style Guide to ensure all content and collateral is aligned
- Create visual and compelling content from JASS’ work for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram including connecting and drawing from US and global news in JASS regions, moments and analysis; ensure consistent and coherent JASS messaging and content across platforms
- Cross-promote our work with the efforts and initiatives of our allies and partners
- Compile monthly report and web analytics to inform content improvement
- Develop and manage a social media calendar
- Get our hashtag on point
- Mac OS X, Microsoft Office, Adobe CS4 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, Acrobat)
- Content Management System such as Drupal or WordPress (WordPress preferable)
- Blogging software, Wikis, Google Photos, and general ICT tools
- CRM or email marketing platforms
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or relevant field
- 3+ years of experience working in a similar or related position as part of a social justice organization and/or movement
- Superior writing and editing skills for communications-related purposes
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience creating and implementing digital communications strategy for maximum engagement
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure; to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines; and to work independently
- International experience and ability to work cross-culturally; Spanish language ideal but not required
- Design savvy and marketing experience an asset
JASS is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We strongly encourage people of all ethnicities, races, religions, genders, and differently abled people to apply