Established in the Fall of 1999 by major Washington-area corporations and foundations, DC-CAP is a privately-funded nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging and enabling DC public high school students to enroll in and graduate from college.
DC-CAP is unique from other college access programs around the country for two reasons. First, every DC public and public charter high school student is eligible for DC-CAP services, regardless of academic history, grade point average, family income, citizenship status, ethnicity, special education eligibility, delinquency or juvenile criminal history. Unlike other programs, DC-CAP believes in an expansive approach to college access. Whereas many other programs set criteria that disqualify students from participation, the principle operating philosophy at DC-CAP is that every single high school student has the right to an opportunity to improve their quality of life through a college education. The second unique feature of DC-CAP is that we continue to support the students for up to five years after high school graduation so that they have the best chance of completing their education.
The Grants Coordinator supports institutional giving to DC-CAP by researching current and prospective opportunities for institutional support, coordinating grant proposals, and drafting reports and other deliverables to corporate and foundation funders. The Coordinator will provide support to the Director of Institutional Giving by maintaining the annual calendar of deadlines and deliverables necessary to track and achieve annual fundraising goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Responsible for researching and drafting grant proposals and reports that support fundraising goals and meet institutional funding guidelines and criteria in coordination with the Director, Institutional Giving
· Assist with managing funder relationships, coordinate compliance reporting, and support special project initiatives, both independently and in partnership with the Director, Institutional Giving and programmatic teams
· Conduct prospect research and effectively use DC-CAP’s CRM and processes to oversee donor acknowledgements, and track donor and prospect information, including data entry, research, and analytic reporting
· Coordinate tracking of deadlines and deliverables
· Track grant and contract opportunities across all programmatic areas
· Maintain internal foundation revenue protocols, calendars, dashboards, and communications channels to ensure timely and accurate deliverables
· Maintain master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files and correspondence, as well as a library of grant support documents, monitoring and maintaining funder reporting schedules and requirements
· Execute thank you letters and facilitate grant contracts/agreements, as well as all necessary supporting materials and documents including budget reports, outcome measurements, success stories to submit reports to funders
· Conduct prospect research and coordinate the effective use of contact management systems and processes to oversee foundation donor acknowledgements and to track pertinent donor and prospect information, including data entry and analytic reporting.
· Work with Finance and program colleagues to support grant compliance and reporting
· Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
· Educational background in any field of study
· At least 2-3 years of experience writing in a professional setting, experience with writing grant materials preferred
· Stellar written communication skills, including experience writing with an emphasis on outcome measurement and data analysis
· Exceptional research skills and experience with/ability to leverage a wide array of research tools and platforms
· Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and successfully meet deadlines, project management experience preferred
· Previous experience with donor databases and/or CRMs; Raiser’s Edge preferred
Established in the Fall of 1999 by major Washington-area corporations and foundations, DC-CAP is a privately-funded nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging and enabling DC public high school students to enroll…