Looking to make an immediate impact on your local community? Want to help assist working class families find and maintain housing stability? PCF Development is looking for a Housing Program Associate to engage with our current and prospective tenants to help connect them to local resources and ensure that at-risk families keep their affordable housing. We are looking for a motivated and skilled individual that wants to improve their community. Apply today!
This position is part of the Accessing Home AmeriCorps program. Accessing Home AmeriCorps members serve to alleviate the economic challenges faced by low- and middle-income households by delivering housing stabilization services at non-profits and municipal organizations across Rhode Island.
Pawtucket Central Falls Development (PCF Development) is a non-profit organization with a mission of developing affordable housing and revitalizing distressed neighborhoods. PCF Development has a diverse, fast paced work environment where employees are expected to handle a wide range of responsibilities and balance multiple projects at one time. Tasks include both team-oriented and independent assignments. Employees at PCF Development can expect to engage in challenging but rewarding work that improves the local community.
· Connect and engage with all residential tenants with a focus on those behind on rent
· Connect tenants to available resources to ensure that they maintain housing stability
· Schedule and meet with tenants for regular check-ins
· Connect qualified tenants to PCF Development’s Homeownership and Financial Fitness program
· Work closely with Property Manager and PCF Development team
· Assist rental tenants with relocation as needed
· Attend Accessing Home Orientation, bi-weekly Accessing Home Professional Development Training and debriefs not to exceed 20 percent of total hours served
· Provide services to at least 85 households
· Recruit community volunteers
· Attend Rhode Island AmeriCorps statewide events & training
· Submit bi-weekly time sheets, service logs, and reports to Accessing Home
· Become certified Resident Services Coordinator
· Strong communication skills
· Comfort in engaging with and meeting new people
· Strong language skills in English and Spanish
· Self-motivated and ability to work individually and with a team
· Committed to community revitalization and improvement of local community
· Basic computer, internet and social media skills
· Flexible schedule with some evenings and weekends available (to be offset by time off during normal working hours)
· Bilingual with fluency in Spanish
· Other required qualifications (able to travel, weekends/evenings required, communication ability requirements, technology abilities, etc.)
· Be a US Citizen, National, or Legal Permanent Resident
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Have a high school diploma or equivalency
· Have served in AmeriCorps no more than three times (the lifetime maximum is four terms of service as an AmeriCorps member)
· Has not been convicted of murder or sexual assault and is willing to undergo an National Service Criminal History Check
· Be committed to the Accessing Home program’s ethic of service and personal and professional development of its participants
· Have the ability and enthusiasm to drive to, attend, and participate in all required trainings and events across Rhode Island
· Committed to completing an entire service term; members must serve from November 1, 2021 to August 26, 2022
· Available to regularly serve 35-40 hours per week
Looking to make an immediate impact on your local community? Want to help assist working class families find and maintain housing stability? PCF Development is looking for a Housing Program Associate to engage with our current and…
Bilingual with fluency in Spanish
Bilingual with fluency in Spanish
Send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Pierson: email@example.com.
Applications are due October 12, 2021. Finalists will be given a link to an online application form.