Details: Commensurate with experience.
(Must have fundraising experience.)
Assists the Area Development Director (ADD) in the implementation of action plans developed with the national office; reaches fundraising targets to support the thirty-seven (37) UNCF member institutions and serves as an ambassador for UNCF, by engaging donors and leveraging relationships to meet revenue goals. Submits solicitations and conducts other fundraising activities to maintain a high level of public awareness, regarding the importance of philanthropic donations, to support and further the mission of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Area Development Director in conducting comprehensive, cost-effective fund-raising campaigns within assigned markets from various sources.
- Identify and recruit campaign leaders and Advisory Board members and creates a formal campaign organization strategy.
- Assist the Area Development Director in establishing local campaign goals, including planning and implementing campaign strategies consistent with UNCF national action plans and policies.
- Establish and manage relationships with current donors and maintain liaison with volunteers.
- Identify potential donors; set appropriate targets and designs and implements annual fundraising plans
- Assess market place and competition for contributors
- Develop and submit solicitation proposals; designs, develops, and implements special fundraising events.
- Prepares reports and presents to senior management
- Assist and distribute campaign materials and develops communication/promotional programs in support of local fundraising efforts.
- Maintain current and accurate files on all donors.
- Assist in managing the area office to ensure compliance with organization policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May supervise one (1) administrative assistant.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A)
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in fund-raising, marketing or public relations
- Ability to travel locally
Candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Ability to conduct major fundraising activities, including capital campaigns and annual giving drives - raise large dollar amounts in unrestricted funds
- Outstanding human relations and managerial aptitude
- Ability to understand donor’s philanthropic goals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to groups of volunteers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Oral/Written Communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; Problem solving skills
Short/Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account (medical/dependent care/transit & parking)
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information or to view other opportunities at UNCF, please visit www.uncf.org. UNCF, Inc. is an EOE M/F/V/D