8940 Jones Mill Road
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to advance their fundraising career. This new position is responsible for managing ANS’s annual fundraising, particularly direct mail and online solicitation program, fundraising events, membership recruitment and retention program plus helping to raise funds to support ANS’s restoration projects at our Woodend Nature Sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD.
ANS is the Washington region’s oldest, independent environmental organization. We are now entering a new and exciting period in our 121 year history and are looking for a roll-up your sleeves, get the job done professional to join our fundraising team. This position would suit an energetic, detail-oriented fundraiser with strong writing skills and a minimum of 4 years’ fundraising experience.
- Manage all elements of the direct mail program including membership acquisition, renewal and welcome series.
- Compose all online appeals and acknowledgements.
- Oversee new member onboarding and donor engagement programs and events.
- Coordinate annual fund and donor stewardship projects.
- Manage all ANS fundraising events including our annual Audubon After Dark dinner, Bloomin’ Birdathon and Autumn Lights Holiday Party.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Events Committee.
- Manage applications and events for state and local workplace giving campaigns.
- Support fundraising efforts for restoration projects.
- Minimum four years’ experience in a nonprofit fundraising department.
- Experience with nonprofit direct mail management and oversight.
- Extensive experience with fundraising and donor cultivation event planning and management.
- Skilled writer and editor of fundraising e-appeals, thank you letters and other fundraising/ cultivation pieces.
- Ability to build, cultivate and steward relationships with key constituencies.
- Must be able to work independently, adapt to changing priorities and multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude, solid time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in a membership-based organization preferred.
- Outgoing and friendly attitude, with excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Online Express a plus.
- Interest in the natural world and regional environmental issues.
Location and Schedule:
Woodend Nature Sanctuary, Chevy Chase, MD. Flexible 40-hour work week with benefits.
Ability to climb stairs to access offices.
Located at the beautiful, 40-acre Woodend Nature Sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD, the ANS work atmosphere is friendly and flexible. Benefits include health and life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, vacation and sick leave, long-term disability, and more.
ANS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. ANS strongly encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples of online fundraising appeals you have written to email@example.com and reference the position in the subject line. No calls please.