Details: Competitive (dependant on experience)
John Smith House
John Smith Drive
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Global Humanitarian Team Purpose
The GHT has designated responsibilities to support, coordinate and lead humanitarian policies and actions to reduce the impact of, prepare for and respond to crises, harnessing the resources of the whole Oxfam confederation to deliver support for Oxfam’s strategic plan.
The GHT works across Oxfam, in particular with Oxfam country teams, and others to maximise the quality and impact of Oxfam’s humanitarian programme by:
- Delivering rapid, safe and high-quality emergency scale up capacity.
- Supporting programme strategy, operational design, humanitarian preparedness and response.
- Capacity building across Oxfam and partner organisations.
- Supporting the gathering of evidence to enable learning, innovation and advocating for change across the sector.
- Working with Campaigns and Policy to influence for greater respect of the basic rights of crisis affected men and women.
- Working closely with affiliates in their roles as EAs, PAs, response work in media and policy for the best interests of the humanitarian programme as part of the one-Oxfam programme.
As Humanitarian Manager you will lead the GHT support to responses in the allocated region, ensuring that GHT resourcing and support to scale up is safe, timely, effective, of an appropriate scale with good assessment and analysis, programme design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation. You will also provide strategic leadership of humanitarian resources to selected country programmes to enable high quality humanitarian programmes that contribute to community resilience & you will coordinate with wider support in Oxfam to ensure a joined-up package of support.
This role will be located in one of the GHT Hubs: Oxford, Nairobi, Barcelona, Brussels, Boston, Melbourne, The Hague, Copenhagen, Ottawa. Please state which location would be relevant for your application and whether you have the right to work there.
For more information & to apply please use Apply for this role link.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.
Minimum Education Required