*This position is based in Portland, OR. US work authorization is required. *
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
The Information Technology team coordinates, facilitates, and supports the agency’s use of technology and telecommunications to improve organizational agility and to achieve agency goals. The IT staff provides planning support and technical assistance to new and existing Mercy Corps country programs. The staff also works to strengthen the agency’s abilities to use Internet-based information services, including its abilities to model and transfer these services to local partners.
General Position Summary
The Office 365 Administrator will have a significant role in the formation of our global implementation of Office 365. They will develop and provide technical expertise for the full suite of Office 365 products and solutions including: Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Office Web Apps, MS Forms, and Project. They will also be responsible for assisting with operation tasks such as building PowerShell scripts and acting as the highest tier of escalation for any issues. This position will work closely with the agency’s infrastructure and support teams to form a cohesive team in developing and supporting our Microsoft cloud presence. Mercy Corps uses Okta as our identity management platform and it is integrated with our web applications, on prem directories, and Microsoft tenant for user account provisioning, SSO, and MFA. This role will also be the primary Administrator for our Okta system. This will include leveraging Okta features to manage the licensing and roles in our Microsoft tenant.
Essential Job Responsibilities
● Administer and provide technical expertise for all Office 365 applications including Exchange, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Office Web Apps, Power Apps, MS Forms, Project
● Provide support for Office 365 Exchange, Collaboration Services tools, software and automation
● Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system access monitoring
● Develop and maintain PowerShell scripts used to manage\support the Office 365 environment
● Work with Infrastructure / Info Sec team to implement and manage security-related procedures and protocols in accordance with enterprise standards, requirements, and best practices
● Stay current on Office 365 product updates and new releases for Office 365 and related products
● Assist with the creation of policies around the proper use of Office 365 services and support / troubleshooting documentation
● Provide SharePoint custom development .net and SQL server
● Ensure the operational health of the SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability and reliability
● Develop and maintain technical documentation related to configuration, user guides, FAQs, etc for all Office 365 apps and services
● Manage and administer user identities as well as the groups and rules in our Identity & Access Mgmt (IAM) system
● Create and support SAML and OIDC connections to web and onprem apps
● Troubleshoot user account provisioning and access issues between Okta and our other web services
● Other duties as assigned
Reports Directly To: Director, Global Infrastructure and Support
Works Directly With: IT management and staff & others as needed
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
● Must have at least 5 years Systems Administration experience in Windows Server 2008 and above in Active Directory environment
● Must have 3+ years of experience administering and supporting Office 365 technologies
● 3+ years of experience in Azure Active Directory Administration
● Proficient in Exchange Admin Center (EAC) and PowerShell scripting
● Experience with managing and supporting Secure Email Gateway (SEG) solutions
● Experience with PowerShell scripting to automate system processes and to retrieve / change environment
● Windows PowerShell experience related to Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, and Exchange Server
● SSO integration between Office 365, and other major solutions
● Experience with custom workflows, Business Intelligence dashboards (Power BI, SharePoint, Office 365 Applications, and optimal deployment processes)
● Strong .Net and SQL Server Skills
● Must have strong understanding of network security, threat protection and prevention
● Must have strong understanding of cloud computing architecture
The office 365 Administrator will be able to work independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams. They will be an effective verbal and written communicator, and have the ability to prioritize and manage work according to critical project timelines. They will be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to put big ideas into a tangible form. They will have strong technical and analytical skills, and be able to develop new approaches to complex integration and interfacing problems. A sense of humor is greatly appreciated.
This position will be based in Portland, OR. Travel will be limited.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
*This position is based in Portland, OR. US work authorization is required. *
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries…