The Marketing and Communications Manager works to market and advertise the International OCD Foundation and its programs, events, and resources to the larger community, to ensure all those who are affected by OCD and related disorders are aware of and have access to the resources provided by the IOCDF. This role reports to the Executive Director.
- Superviser to the Communications and Outreach Specialist, who oversees the coordination and management of general email marketing for all outward facing communications from IOCDF to its constituents.
- Create marketing plans and strategies for events, programs, and various initiatives by conducting market research, assessing the Foundation’s strengths and weaknesses, and creating short and long term marketing goals.
- Work with members of the Communications and Programs Departments to develop marketing collateral and guides to effectively showcase the IOCDF as a whole, along with specific programs, events, and resources.
- Identify target audiences and develop marketing tactics to increase the IOCDF’s brand visibility among the general public and to the diverse communities our programs serve.
- Manage both on-page and off-page SEO and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Oversee the IOCDF Advocate Program, creating and maintaining strong relationships with community leaders, influencers, and media representatives and media lists, to support the implementation of the communications strategy.
- Spearhead the content marketing efforts/strategy and collaborate with content marketers, blog contributors, and influencers to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms.
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies, including paid posts and social media ads.
- Manage advertising efforts, including Google Ad and other third-party vendors.
- Manage all media inquiries — serve as the point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization and exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities and prepare press releases and other supporting material as needed.
- Oversee the IOCDF’s presence at external conferences, including researching and identifying new exhibiting and advertising opportunities to pursue based on current IOCDF initiatives to be marketed and audiences to be targeted.
- Track and report ROI on all marketing initiatives.
- Oversee the general marketing budget and work with project managers on budgeting for program specific marketing initiatives.
- Research, identify, and analyze current IOCDF competitors and stay on top of emerging marketing trends.
- With the Communications and Outreach Specialist, design and implement a comprehensive strategy for IOCDF communications in alignment with and in support of IOCDF goals. Develop the organizational communications calendar and strengthen communications systems. Set quantitative and qualitative metrics and analyze results to evaluate the effectiveness of communications strategies and ensure quality standards.
- Manage and maintain monthly Communications report.
- The Marketing and Communications Manager should have 3-5 years of marketing and communications experience, preferably within a healthcare or mental health field, or at a nonprofit organization. The ability to identify target audiences and develop marketing strategies to increase the IOCDF’s visibility across a variety of communities is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field required.
- Experience in nonprofit, health care, or mental health field preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Detail-oriented, strong sensitivity to deadlines, multitasking ability, strong organizational and problem-solving skills a must.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Search, Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner and Google Ad.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategies with intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels.
- Experience creating, implementing, and optimizing digital marketing initiatives.
- Experience in customer relationship management.
- Experience in content management, creation, and storytelling.
- Experience with influencer and affiliate marketing.
- Experience in SEO on-page and off-page efforts and SEM efforts.
- Experience with event marketing.
- Expert in marketing data, analytics, tracking, KPIs, benchmarks, and reporting.
- Experience in public relations and serving as the point person for media inquiries and seeking out new media opportunities to market the IOCDF.
- Experience with developing and managing email marketing campaigns (Pardot by Salesforce experience is a plus).
- Highly collaborative working style, with the ability to work independently within a team-based dynamic.
- Experience with Facebook Business and Ad Manager
- Experience with Yoast and Wordpress a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM and Pardot a plus
Health, dental, & vision care insurance; Pre-tax MBTA pass program; 401K; Roth IRA; Competitive benefits package.
The International OCD Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
When applying, please include a cover letter and your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year