Details: $18.60 hourly rate
3211 4th Street Northeast
District of Columbia
Provides comparative reading and general administrative support to Permissions and the Office of the Secretary of Communications, in particular the Operations and Project Management team. Contributes to the Bishops’ strategic plan for the Conference. Demonstrates willingness and ability to understand, respect and contribute to the USCCB mission and to fulfill job duties in accordance with its Catholic identity.
- Comparative reads unpublished manuscripts against USCCB- and CCD-copyrighted texts, noting any deviations.
- Uses established standards to evaluate use of copyrighted text for disposition
- Assists with correspondence with publishers and others
- Records royalty payments from publishers
- Maintains permissions files
- Prepares online copyright registration
- Scans and uploads contracts for storage in Sharepoint
- Uploads and transmits rich media requests for permission review
- Prepares content for NAB home page
Educational Level: Associate or B.A. from accredited college or university, or certificate from business school, or equivalent experience; or related work experience.
Major Field/Specialty: Business, English, Communications, Administration
Foreign Language Requirement: (if any)Spanish desirable, but not required
Other Specialized Training: (i.e. word processing, personal computer, knowledge of Catholic Church, etc.:
- Knowledge of Catholic Church hierarchy, protocol and basic doctrine
- Proficiency with e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access software, etc.
- Experience with SharePoint very helpful
- Experience with Common Spot very helpful
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bookkeeping/basic accounting skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Type and Nature of Professional Experience:
- Oral and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Organization and planning
- Interpersonal communication
- Intensive and complex computer use
Number of Years Required: A minimum of 2-3 years work related experience.
Minimum Education Required