35 Halsey Street
Advocates for Children of New Jersey (ACNJ), a statewide child advocacy organization located in Newark, is seeking a part-time business manager to handle all accounting functions of the organization. ACNJ has a budget of $2 million, a staff of 16 people and owns its building in Newark, which it rents exclusively to nonprofits. ACNJ’s revenues are based on foundations grants, investments and building rentals. ACNJ does not accept government grants.
The business manager reports to ACNJ’s President and to the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees. This is a part-time position, up to 21 hours per week.
- Prepare ACNJ’s annual budget in consultation with the ACNJ Finance Committee and CEO.
- Work with ACNJ’s investment manager to monitor ACNJ’s portfolio, provide quarterly reports to the Board of Trustees and flag any immediate action needed by the Board.
- Prepare individual grant budgets and expenditure reports for ACNJ’s multiple foundation grants.
- Track ACNJ’s expenditures, applying to correct projects and functions, including restricted and unrestricted funding.
- Maintain financial, staff and program activity records for grant reports, functional allocation and 990 preparation.
- Assist ACNJ CEO in developing and monitoring annual budget and revenue projections.
- Provide staff support to the ACNJ Finance Committee and present financial statements and reports to the committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Oversee the annual agency audit process, preparing financial reports and associated footnotes for the annual audit conducted by an independent CPA firm.
- Process accounts payable and receivable, maintaining accounting records in Quickbooks.
- Process payroll using ADP.
3-5 years nonprofit accounting experience.
Degree in accounting, CPA preferred; BA accepted.
Experienced in developing budgets and financial reports for foundation grants.
Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft office.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
High attention to detail.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Cecilia Zalkind at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Minimum Education Required