Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI) is seeking a full-time Associate Manager of Content Development to work in our Philadelphia Office. We are looking for a passionate individual dedicated to ensuring that CLI remains innovative in our content/training and a person that will thrive working with a smart, collaborative, and mission-drive team.
The Associate Manager of Content Development will develop and revise content, as directed by the Manager of Content Development, for CLI’s staff, professional developers (coaches) and teachers in order to provide the most impactful professional development possible. We are currently developing a “blended model” for our workshops that combines in-person facilitation with an engaging digital experience. Our coaching takes professional development to the classroom, where our coaches work in real-time to improve practice. The Associate Manager of Content Development will be involved in creating the best professional development for early literacy. In addition, the Associate Manager of Content Development may assist with writing publications and conference proposals, present at professional conferences, train staff and PD consultants how to effectively present new content.
- Primary Responsibilities:Collaborate with the Manager of Content Development to develop content for a portfolio of markets and support communication across team and departments
- Develop new content (resources and training) and revise existing content to ensure CLI’s professional development builds teacher early literacy expertise in ways that accelerate student learning
- Assist with planning and facilitation of professional development
- Collaborate on the creation of CLI’s vision of program design
Masters Degree required in English, Education, Literacy, Reading, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Experience Required:3 years teaching pre-K - 5th grade
- 3 years experience coaching literacy
- Experience developing content for workshops and seminars
- Experience Preferred:Familiarity with writing conference proposals and writing for publication
- Experience writing curriculum
- Knowledge of digital literacy and blended learning
- Teaching or coaching in 4th and 5th grades
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Strong attention to detail with very good organizational, multi-tasking and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to the needs of diverse groups of learners (adults and children
- Ability to work on multiple project at a time
CLI is a mission driven organization that is committed to embracing the diverse array of individuals who comprise our team. We draw inspiration for innovation from the children we serve and from educators, administrators, and the work-at-large. Founded in Philadelphia, PA 30 years ago, CLI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides educators with training and coaching in the most effective practices for early literacy instruction for prekindergarten through third grade. CLI’s work has been validated by prestigious organizations and has garnered national attention.
CLI’s proven theory of action shows that when teachers receive the right combination and intensity of training and coaching, they can become exemplary instructors who make an impact in helping children achieve. Our workshops and institutes build teachers’ understanding of literacy and the art and science of teaching children how to read and write. By focusing on professional skills that improve over time and are not lost when administrations, buildings, or curricula change, CLI helps create a sustainable, school-wide culture of literacy that introduces students to the joys of reading, writing, and life-long learning.
Children’s Literacy Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application directly through the CLI website. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.