PER DIEM RESIDENCE MANAGERS FOR WOMEN'S CRIMINAL JUSTICE PROGRAM
Providence House, Inc. is a value driven not-for-profit organization focused on assisting women in building community and transforming their lives. The agency is committed to promoting wholeness and healing while offering quality evidence based services to women and children who find themselves homeless and/or involved with the criminal justice system. Providence House follows a trauma based practice model. Providence House was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph over thirty years ago and continues to hold the values of non-violence, compassion, hospitality and community at its core. Providence House is actively seeks to provide support, training and opportunities that foster growth and wellbeing for its staff as well as the women we serve.
The Residence Manager is responsible for the daily supervision of the residents and the overall operation of the residence. The Residence Manager will work collaboratively with the social service team & core community to ensure residents meet their goals and that a safe and healing environment is maintained that is conducive to the health, safety and productive growth of the resident. The resident manager will guide and assist the residents who are formerly incarcerated to adjust to life back in the community.
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
- Work as part of a team to plan and develop resident programs and goals.
- Meet with pertinent staff to discuss matters of mutual concern.
- Communicate with case manager, core community and supervisors on any follow-ups required at the end of the shift.
- Interact daily with residents encouraging and supporting their goals of independent living.
- Support residents positive behavior and address negative behavior with trauma informed approach.
- Instruct residents regarding independent living skills around household management.
- Conduct rounds of all areas (common rooms, residents rooms) when beginning and ending a shift and every 2 hours during a shift making sure residents are engaged in appropriate activities and the environment is safe; making corrective action as necessary ensuring a safe and healthy environment.
- Perform weekly room inspections: discuss findings with residents regarding cleanliness, proper use of furniture, etc. Report all needed repairs, supplies and storage issues to Residence Coordinator.
- Log all room inspections in logbook
- Welcome visitors, answers door and phone. Log in residents’ visitors.
- Distribute petty cash for related household and residents’ needs.
- Clean and prepare bedrooms for new residents and preparation of laundry of all linen and towels, etc.
- Keep appliances, cabinets, and counter tops orderly and clean.
- Mop and sweep floors.
- Prepare dinner meals and create menu as per nutritional guidelines.
- Maintain and update schedules: room/bed assignments, logbook, chores, cooking etc.
- Make sure supply closets and basement areas are neat and clean.
- Distribute household cleaning supplies and paper products as necessary.
- Complete work order form for repairs and send to appropriate personnel immediately.
- Make appropriate calls for emergency repairs and services.
- Ensure building is in compliance and ready for inspections by NYC inspection agencies.
- Notify appropriate personnel of all incidents, complete incident report forms immediately following incident, make necessary emergency phone calls, i.e., EMS, 911 or Fire Department.
- Call priority one incidents to Program Director.
- Keep accurate, up-to-date documentation on all clients. Including but not limited to, intake forms, daily logs, fire drills, menus, room inspections, menus, census reports, etc.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with any and all data collection system.
- Participate in individual supervisory sessions with Program Director.
- Attend all service training and workshops or outside training and workshops.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Program Director as needed.
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a social service, residential setting
- Experience working with the formerly incarcerated population
- Ability to motivate and instruct in life skills tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Programs,
WORK SCHEDULE FOR RESIDENCE MANAGERS (Per Diem)
Shifts for Per Diem Staff: 8 hours shifts
Per Diem: Shifts (Weekdays, Weekends, Holidays, etc.)
Per Diems are used on an as needed basis and must have the flexibility to work different shifts.
Benefits include paid sick leave as per NYC Paid Safe and Sick Leave Act..
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send PDFs of your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and where you heard about it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include "Residence Manager Per Diem" in the subject line. Providence House is dedicated to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Providence House encourages people of all races, colors, national origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, genders, ages, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientations and marital statuses to apply.