10901 W. 120th Ave, Suite 450
The Charter School Growth Fund (CSGF) is a leading nonprofit venture philanthropy fund dedicated to identifying the nation’s best public charter schools, funding their expansion, and helping to increase their impact. Our “portfolio” includes 60+ charter school networks that operate 850+ schools and serve more than 370,000 students. We operate with the same strategies, discipline, and focus as a venture capital firm by awarding multi-year grants and loans to talented education entrepreneurs who are building networks of high-quality charter schools that enroll significant numbers of low-income and minority students. Ultimately, we think our portfolio can grow to serve ~1,000,000 students.
The Impact Team is a dedicated team inside CSGF that directly supports portfolio members by providing solutions, insights, and connections to help them grow with quality. The Impact Team also manages a $15M fund to help our schools build capacity and innovate new systems, models, and strategies that will inspire the K-12 sector as a whole. CSGF is committed to expanding the Impact Team’s supports significantly based on positive feedback from portfolio members. In order to power this next phase, we are adding new capacity to our three practice verticals: Academics, Finance/Operations, and Talent.
The Executive-in-Residence and Talent Practice Lead will build deep relationships with the schools we support to 1) understand the very best practices in talent recruitment, retention, and development; and 2) spread these practices to other schools.
S/he will build capacity and knowledge within the CSGF portfolio and across the K-12 sector by capturing and sharing effective people management strategies, nurturing communities of talent leaders, and helping portfolio members access the tools, expertise, and resources they need to solve critical challenges.
S/he also will serve as the primary point of contact for portfolio members, providing direct assistance and strategic thought partnership. For example, the Executive-in-Residence can help a three-school charter school network anticipate the challenges they will face at seven schools and build systems accordingly.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial candidate with a strong results orientation, deep functional expertise, and the ability to manage complex projects, think strategically, and build relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Develop strong relationships with talent leaders in the CSGF portfolio in order to identify and highlight best practices
- Build the platform of knowledge in talent and communicate this knowledge in ways that are useful and actionable for busy leaders (see our Medium page and weekly newsletter for examples)
- Analyze portfolio-wide data and manage benchmarking projects to understand important sector trends
- Provide direct assistance and training to portfolio members
- Manage Impact Team investments that help portfolio members build capacity or innovate in the area of talent
- Identify new opportunities that make the Talent practice more useful to portfolio members
- Deep commitment to CSGF’s mission and passion for K-12 education
- Our ideal candidate has worked as a Chief Talent Officer or senior director of Talent/Human Resources in a high-performing charter school/network or district, with expertise across talent recruitment, retention, and development
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent writer and motivation to create great content; prolific
- Ability to build relationships across diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work seamlessly between high-level strategy and detail oriented work
WORKING AT CSGF
We are focused on hiring and developing great people and believe that building diverse perspectives across our team make us more effective in expanding our impact. (This is reflected in Our Commitment to Diversity Statement.) Our core values are:
- Results. We work relentlessly to create efficient, measurable, and sustainable results. We strive for excellence and pursue our mission tenaciously. Ideally, you thrive working in a self-directed manner in a fluid environment where flexibility and tenacity are required.
- Entrepreneurship. We embrace calculated risks and new approaches. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that welcomes innovation, diversity of ideas, and risk. We rely on you to question conventional wisdom and think independently.
- Integrity. We are truthful, fair, and trustworthy in all aspects of our work. We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest ethical standards. We trust you will too.
- Respect. We appreciate the challenges faced by education entrepreneurs and recognize the limits of our own knowledge. We understand that our ultimate success depends on that of our partners. Your humility will be key to building trusted and authentic relationships.
- Teamwork. We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together. We willingly sacrifice individual interests and recognition for greater collective impact. We hope having fun at work is important to you and that you are a team player.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. CSGF offers a very competitive
compensation package and this position is eligible for a performance bonus. Work authorization required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the US).
Flexible with preference for Denver/Boulder, CO or Chicago, IL
Level of Language Proficiency
Written and oral proficiency in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply for position through the link provided above.