Full Time Contract
Details: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Reports To: HHF National Director in Haiti and Executive Director in USA
Location: Jérémie, Haiti
Overall Objectives: Responsible for the planning, organization, management, and control of the financial activities of the operations in Jérémie. S/he is responsible for direct supervision of the Accountant and logistician. Together with the National Director, s/he also oversees the financial management of all projects and ensures donor and grant money is spent accordingly.
- Oversees all financial and accounting operations of the HHF Jérémie office while managing the day to day activities according to the direction of the Board of Directors, while working to meet the needs of the National Director, Community Health Director, Community Development and Medical Director
- Together with Executive Director and National Director, s/he monitors, creates and modifies financial policies and procedures to assure that all operations are effective and efficient and in line with donors and HHF requirements.
- Monitors activities for cost savings opportunities
- Responsible for financial reporting, assisting in preparation of annual financial statements and monthly reports for HHF and granting organizations. Responsible for grant reporting in Haiti and collaborates with the preparation of the overall HHF budget
- Monitors inventory purchases and usage for key items which are inventoried (fuel, car parts, computer consumables, etc.)
- Prepares journal entries at month end to ensure the financial records reflect an accurate picture of the month’s activities
- Analyzes budgetary activities and makes recommendations to the National Director and the Executive Director based on actual spending
- Directly supervises key finance personnel, including two accountants and logistician with responsibility for inventory
- In charge of sales and entering the purchases/sales into the financial system for the craft store.
- Cash flow analysis for Haiti operations by working closely with Office Manager in Connecticut to ensure funds and supplies are available locally
- Prepares supporting documentation for and works with external auditor during the annual audit
- Collaborates with granting organizations and represents HHF at appropriate meetings in Port au Prince or other locations in Haiti regarding finance
- Develops internal reporting mechanisms to enhance communications between field and home offices
- Supervises the financial and reporting mechanisms of the various development programs (Houses, goats, etc…) – including appropriate field visits as required to the countryside programs
- Works closely with National Director in developing and sustaining an NGO corruption risk management system
- Responsible for arranging travel for volunteer groups, Norwich group and senior staff members for travel in Haiti (Haiti flights, PaP ground transportation, accommodations, etc.)
- Provide coverage for other posts when necessary and carry out any other responsibilities as requested by the National Director
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, experience and competences
- Minimal Requirements - Bachelors degree in accounting. MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Experience with QuickBooks and Excel
- Ability to work and make technical accounting decisions based on current knowledge and independent research
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and French required. Haitian Kreyol preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple assignments and handle stressful situations inherent in living in a developing country
- Philosophical concurrence with mission and actions of the Haitian Health Foundation
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English and French required. Haitian Kreyol preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Start date ASAP.
Job is physically located in Jeremie, Haiti.
Please send CV and cover letter to: