Details: $55000 - $65000 / Yearly Salary
Education and Support Fund
Job Title: Finance & Operations Manager Annual Pay: 55K to 65K
Location: Amherst, MA
SEIU Education and Support Fund seeks to fill a newly created Operations and Finance Manager position to manage the administration of the organization's finance, personnel, and grant contracts. The Operations and Finance Manager will report to the Executive Director and will be a key advisor to the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate for the position will have experience in a small to mid-sized grant funded non-profit organization supporting finance, budget management, personnel and data systems. Successful managers at ESF will have the ability to thrive and operate in the start-up phase of a mission driven organization and possess a quick thinking and flexible style. In addition, a successful candidate for the position will have a passion for the mission of ESF and will be able to connect and align the administrative functions to the organization's strategic goals.
About SEIU Education and Support Fund:
The SEIU Education and Support Fund (SEIU ESF) is a 501(c)(3) founded for the purpose of providing training and education for workers in the service and care industries. Over its more than 20 year history, the SEIU ESF has been awarded a significant number of federal, state and foundation grants that have been used to train thousands of workers. If you want to help low-wage workers receive high-quality training and grow their careers we want to hear from you!
You will play a pivotal role in our finance, human resources, and administrative functions.
- Budget development and management of the administration of multiple private foundation grants and public funding
- Serve as primary liaison with accounting services firm
- Work with ED to prepare financial reports for board meetings
- Work with ED and program staff to prepare financial reports to funders
- Serve as primary liaison with external auditor for annual audit
- Evaluate financial controls and recommend policies and procedures as required
- Prepare budgets and supportive documentation for grant applications
- Maintain personnel records including the “onboarding” and termination of staff
- Manage employee payroll for staff ensuring proper time, proper recording of employee time, leave tracking and payment
- Manage relationship with staff union (if any)
- Ensure personnel policies are up to date and recommend additional policies or modifications to policies to the Board of Directors
- Manage administrative components of contracts with funders. Track reporting deadlines and necessary paperwork.
- Manage all aspects of vendor and consultant contracts including coordinating required signatures, tracking renewals, managing relationships, vendor files, w-9 forms, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience in an organization of similar size
- At least five years of experience in non-profit finance including developing and managing budgets with multiple funding sources.
- Strong project management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within tight timeframes;
- Demonstrated adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness in setting priorities and organizing work
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
The position includes a competitive salary based on experience and a package of benefits that includes paid holidays, vacations, pension, 401K and fully paid health benefits, including health, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required