Details: Commensurate with experience.
IMPACCT Brooklyn is a dynamic neighborhood-based organization. We combine tenant and community organizing, homeowner services, affordable housing development and management, and economic development to improve the Brooklyn communities. IMPACCT Brooklyn now seeks an energetic and organized individual to assume the position of Community Outreach Coordinator. The Community Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Economic Development to assist with the implementation of neighborhood improvement, Business Development and Revitalization projects.
Under the direction of the Director, launch the planning process for projects which should
Include the following components:
· To do outreach and assist with facilitating monthly meetings and events.
· Work with stakeholders, public and private agencies on neighborhood safety, sanitation, and beautification projects.
· Assist with engaging small businesses with workshops and initiatives.
· Maintain land use and business ownership databases.
· Conduct and analyze neighborhood viable needs and shoppers surveys.
· Research resource information for small business owners and best practices that can assist in the development and implementation of our programs.
· Minimum of 2 years work experience, preferably small business
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong research, organizational and problem solving skills
· Self-starter able to work independently and in teams
· Experience in community or business development and outreach
· Strong computer skills- graphics and mapping software a plus
· Highly organized
· Commitment to organizational mission
· High School Diploma or equivalency
· Associates Degree preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment and out on the field. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, and hear. Some light lifting may be required. The employee frequently is required to travel to other facilities.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. and as needed for evenings and weekends. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pratt Area Community Council dba IMPACCT Brooklyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IMPACCT Brooklyn is a community-based, non-profit community development corporation established in 1964 with a mission to build an equitable, diverse, engaged, and flourishing community in Brooklyn.
Excellent health benefits with paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and personal days. Pre-tax deduction for retirement and MetroCard.
Minimum Education Required