Details: Plus $6,000 yearly healthcare stipend
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: President, Board of Directors
Location: Remote (must live within 100 mile radius of Austin, Texas)
Fund Texas Choice is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help Texans equitably access abortion through safe, confidential, and comprehensive travel services and practical support. We strive to fund every Texan who needs transportation to or accommodation near an abortion clinic in full, every time.
Summary: The Program Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient administration of Fund Texas Choice’s trip planning program in alignment with reproductive justice values. To accomplish these objectives, the Program Coordinator will perform the following functions:
Program Administration and Execution (80% of the position)
- Conduct Trip Planning
- Arrange and oversee all client needs within 48 hours of their intake.
- Interface and maintain positive working relationships with clinic, hotel, airline, and bus personnel.
- Keep up-to-date on clinic administrative and procedural changes.
- Monitor Effectiveness and Report on Program
- Conduct post-trip follow up with clients to collect feedback and share findings with Board of Directors.
- Prepare and provide monthly reports showing aggregate trip information and provide recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Prepare and present reports and analysis to the Leadership Team, Board of Directors, and funders, when necessary.
- Work closely with Board of Directors to review program budget.
- Program Replication Tools and Strategy
- Based on post-trip follow up findings, make recommendations for scaling trip planning services and introducing new supporting programs.
- Develop training tools and provide guidance for emerging practical support funds looking to replicate our services.
- Partner Engagement
- Maintain ongoing partnerships with national reproductive justice organizations and local abortion funds.
- Management Responsibilities
- Oversee the work of part-time client intake hotline coordinator(s)
Administrative Support (20% of the position)
- Support bookkeeper and Board Treasurer by coding program transactions and assisting with monthly financial reports.
- Support board in cultivating and recognizing volunteers as needed.
- Provide Fundraising Manager with administrative assistance, including printing and distributing information to donors, providing program reports, and attending events and fundraisers.
- Participate in fundraising efforts and donor solicitation as requested by Board or Fundraising Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Two years of related operational or administrative experience.
- Desire to work as part of a team to promote the values of reproductive justice.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Proven ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attentiveness to the ever-changing logistics and requirements associated with trip planning.
- Strong ability to empathize and listen in order to understand and meet clients’ needs.
- Ability to work well with a variety of personnel with differing levels of authority, experience, and backgrounds, including board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Self-motivated - ability to work with remote supervision.
- Prior experience and high comfort level with online business and co-working tools such as Google Suite, Slack, etc.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
This job is right for you if you…
- Are committed to abortion access and full reproductive health care for all, using an intersectional framework that includes, but is not limited to gender, economic, and racial justice.
- Appreciate working with a diverse board, staff, volunteer, and client population.
- Have a knack for developing new systems and devising structures for organization.
- Exercise good judgment by considering the potential consequences of a decision and making the best choice.
- Hold yourself to a high ethical standard for acceptable conduct.
- Are open to giving and receiving feedback and committed to practicing this regularly.
- Believe in bucking the trend through progressive policies to create a new vision for our future.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send your resume and a brief explanation of why you’re the right person for this role by email to email@example.com.
Fund Texas Choice is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual based on any non-merit factor, and is committed to an equitable workplace where everyone is treated as a respected and valued member of the team. In fact, FTC actively seeks to build and maintain a diverse staff with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, physical ability, age, gender, and sexual orientation. As an organization working in solidarity with the reproductive justice movement, FTC is committed to fostering the leadership and elevating the voices of women, young people, people of color, Native people, immigrant and refugees, low-income people, LGBQ+, and transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary people, people who have had abortions, people with disabilities, young parents, people who were formerly imprisoned, people who have received funding for abortions, and people living in the many intersections of these experiences. We encourage people from these communities to apply.