SPAN, the SPAN Parent Advocacy Network, is seeking a qualified individual with a strong commitment to the importance and significance of the involvement of empowered and educated parents/caregivers in improving services to and outcomes for children, youth and families in New Jersey. The Director of Family and Professional Development is responsible for the development, implementation, staffing and management of parent, youth/young adult, and professional development in a manner consistent with the mission of the organization and contractual requirements, for the efficiency and quality of program services and for fostering good relations with the community, government agencies and other funders.
1. Oversee all aspects of SPAN Family and Professional Development activities including external workshops consistent with grants and contracts, fee-for-service, and internal staff development opportunities.
2. Collaborate with SPAN Project Directors/Coordinators for coordination of training deliverables, quality assurance of training curricula and materials, and outreach for SPAN events.
3. Collaborate with Director of Strategic Communications for outreach to audiences for SPAN events.
4. Collaborate with Chief Operating Officer for data collection, analysis, and reporting.
5. Oversee collaboration with community, parent, advocacy, government, and professional organizations and schools and districts to ensure the implementation of parent, youth and professional workshops to meet all training deliverables.
6. Oversee planning and implementation of in person and virtual SPAN conferences/events
7. Recruit, train, and support a cadre of SPAN trainers.
8. Oversee development and updating of training and resource materials for families and professionals, SPAN staff, and trainers.
9. Identify and use new training/evaluation methods (e-learning and interactive platforms)
10. Contribute articles on project activities and relevant topics to the organization’s newsletter;
11. Present programs at and attend professional meetings relating to the goals and mission of SPAN.
12. Collect and analyze evaluation information on workshops and prepare reports and maintain records and other information that supports contract compliance.
13. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: Demonstrate any combination of education, training and experience that provides the following knowledge and skills:
1. Experience as a Training Director or similar position.
2. Understanding of various training methods and adult learning styles.
3. Outstanding planning, communication, training, & organizational skills.
4. Excellent project management abilities.
5. Demonstrated commitment to equity and reducing disparities in services and outcomes for children and families.
6. Ability to recruit, train, supervise and interact with personnel.
7. Facility with written and verbal communication, strong Spanish skills a plus.
8. Experience in uses of Google platforms, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, e-mail management, and database software programs is essential.
9. Outstanding ability to work well with a wide spectrum of people.
10. Ability to work flexible hours.
11. Ability to work well independently as well as with a team.
12. Capacity to exercise independent judgement and sound decision-making.
13. Reliable transportation resources and availability to travel locally, statewide, and nationally.
14. Demonstrated commitment to the goals of the project and organization.
SPAN is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates of color, bilingual candidates, and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
SPAN, the SPAN Parent Advocacy Network, is seeking a qualified individual with a strong commitment to the importance and significance of the involvement of empowered and educated parents/caregivers in improving services to and outcomes…