Details: $12/hour starting salary
2101 Dempster St
The nonprofit Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse (ERW) was founded in 2011 to reduce building materials from entering the wastestream, promote reuse, and rebuild lives. We operate a 13,500 square foot warehouse in Evanston, IL open to the public and full of donated building material. We offer deconstruction services to homeowners that want to save their building materials from landfills. And we run a paid workforce training program that provides job readiness and on the job training in deconstruction.
The ERW seeks a Warehouse Associate to join the organization’s team. The Associate helps keep the warehouse running efficiently and smoothly. The Warehouse Associate is responsible, with the entire ERW staff, for the professional image of the warehouse and providing a welcoming and helpful experience for people to buy and donate materials. The Warehouse Associate moves and organizes building materials and appliances within the warehouse, including pick-up and delivery of these materials. The Associate assists warehouse customers while they are shopping. Other tasks can be assigned by the Warehouse Director or Executive Director.
This is a full time hourly position generally Tuesdays-Saturdays 9am-5pm. The Warehouse Associate reports to the Warehouse Director of Donations and Sales.
- Moves, organizes and displays building materials and appliances within the warehouse, in/out of the parking lot for customers, and assists with pick-up and deliveries
- Assists customers while shopping and provides helpful customer service
- Receives material donations and prices per ERW policies and procedures
- Helps to maintain a clean and organized warehouse
- Contributes ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehouse procedures
- Attends monthly staff meetings and participates in ongoing safety updates, training and employee reviews
- Additional duties as assigned
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior retail or warehouse experience
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds safely. Can demonstrate knowledge of proper lifting, moving, climbing, stacking and storage procedures
- A strong customer service orientation - friendly and positive spirit that helps customers efficiently and smoothly
- Interest and knowledge of building materials, home repair and renovation
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Salesforce
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a HUGE plus
- Interest in ERW’s nonprofit mission and being a part of a fun and collaborative team!
Benefits include paid time off and holiday pay.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter indicating your interest and resume to email@example.com. Please put Warehouse Associate in the subject line of the email. Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls or visits please.
The Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.