3990 Brickway Boulevard
This seasonal position supports our robust food drive eﬀorts, donor activities, and volunteer involvement throughout the year. In conjunction with the Community Engagement Coordinator, Development Coordinator, and Volunteer Coordinator - the Development Clerk will work to support administrative duties for each function.
In support of the Community Engagement Coordinator, duties include:
- Provide excellent customer service to all members of our community wishing to engage in our mission and survey Food and Funds Drive hosts to ensure the REFB provides a positive experience for donors.
- Generate work orders for barrel deliveries and pick-ups using our inventory system. • Assist in updating barrel locations using Google Docs.
- Generate thank you letters and other correspondence.
- Assist with the Community Engagement events and outreach.
- Answer incoming inquiries about Food and Funds Drives.
In support of the Development Coordinator, duties include:
- Open, sort, organize, and receipt, incoming mail daily.
- Maintain donor database, enter donations and update changes in donor information.
- Maintain receipting ﬁles.
- Work with Finance Manager to ensure proper accounting of donor income
- Assist with the creation of acknowledgement letters.
- Annual Gala support including set-up & registration.
- Fill in for Development Coordinator during any absences/vacations.
In support of the Volunteer Coordinator, duties include:
Provide back-up front desk and volunteer services coverage.
Assist with volunteer recruitment calls and emails.
In absence of the Volunteer Coordinator, provide volunteer orientations and tours.
Assist with occasional research and data entry projects.
- 1-3 years of work experience in customer service, hospitality, administrative support, and/or data entry.
- Must be an eﬀective communicator, including exceptional writing skills.
- Ability to interact well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and demanding environment using good judgment skills, while providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Strong PC skills, with a high degree of accuracy; knowledge of MS Suite and Google Drive a must.
- Valid California driver’s license and access to vehicle.
- The ideal candidate will be: a strong communicator, creative, energetic, independent, a team player, a self-starter, and strive to achieve accuracy and excellence.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a current resume and cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the following format when emailing your documents:
Subject Line: Food Drive and Administrative Assistant
Attachments: lastname.coverletter.devclerk and lastname.resume.devclerk
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in the Redwood Empire Food Bank.
The Redwood Empire Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.