900 Sheridan Avenue
Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
The Safe Horizon supervised visitation program provides the setting for visitation between a child and his or her non-custodial parent where there has been a court determination that unsupervised visitation is unsafe or inappropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
· Under the supervision of the program social worker, supervise visits between non-custodial parents and their children;
· As needed, conduct intake interviews and assess families for participation in the Supervised Visitation Program;
· Assist in the preparation of reports for the court;
· Keep session notes, attendance records, and statistics;
· Attend internal and external meetings, trainings and workshops;
· Various other duties to be determined by supervisor.
Supervisory Reports: N/A
Interacts with: Family Court personnel including Judges, Referees, Clerks, and Court Officers; Civil Legal Attorneys including members of the 18B panel, Law Guardians, and Domestic Violence attorneys; ACS; and other social service providers.
Qualifications and Skills:
Ø Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
Ø Excellent interpersonal skills; be assertive and well-organized
Ø Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of the Family Court and criminal justice system is preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
- Understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and other forms of victimization
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence
- Experience and comfort working with children
- Ability to work as part of a team while also independently generating tasks
- BA/BS degree
- BA/BS Degree in a Social Services-related field
- Experience working in a social services setting
- At least 1 year working with the program population
· Approximately 5 hours per week with hours falling between 4:30 and 5:45, Monday through Friday. Exact hours to be determined.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
Minimum Education Required