Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Finance and Operations
- Job posted by Rockefeller Brothers Fund
475 Riverside Drive
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund seeks an Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Finance and Operations who will report to the Vice President for Finance and Operations (VPFO) and assist the Co-Directors for Finance (Co-Directors) in their financial management responsibilities. The incumbent is expected to provide advanced administrative and data management assistance, and support the VPFO’s mission-aligned investing related research, grantmaking, and communication efforts. S/He will be responsible for managing the VPFO’s schedule, preparing materials and ensuring effective meeting arrangements, and carrying out special projects as assigned. S/He will frequently interact and serve as a liaison with the Fund’s trustees, officers, staff, and external parties and will handle confidential material. This position requires an understanding of, appreciation for, and ability to prioritize the use of the manager’s time.
Financial and Data Support
· Assists the VPFO with preparation of the annual and mid-year RBF budget reports, and investment and finance materials for the board book.
· Maintains up-to-date financial information on the Fund’s website, and staff and Investment Committee portals.
· Assists VPFO and the Co-Directors with coordinating investment-related authorizations with the outsourced OCIO, including new investments and money transfers. Assist with obtaining investment-related call back authorizations that are conducted with the Fund’s investment custodian, and maintain all supports.
· Facilitates investment manager requests with the OCIO.
· Supports the Co-Directors with review and reconciliation of monthly investment transactions including investment management and custody fees, capital calls, manager distributions, and maintains applicable supporting documentation for monthly transactions.
· Supports the Co-Directors with RBF’s overall responsibilities and accounting duties related to investments, including maintenance of electronic files for investment managers’ reporting and due diligence files for new investments.
· Supports effective use of the Fund’s document management system; maintain electronic files on all correspondence and other material that originates in the office of the VPFO.
· Maintains proficiency with all RBF information technology systems.
· Conducts assigned research and prepares reports to support the Fund’s mission-aligned investing efforts and other financial management initiatives, as assigned by the VPFO.
· Supports the preparation of materials for meetings, retreats, and other events.
· Coordinates with the Grants Management team on the Fund’s mission-aligned investing grants.
· Partners with the Fund’s Communications department to ensure effective coordination between the Office of VPFO and the Fund’s communications efforts, particularly on mission-aligned investing topics.
· Acts as the VPFO’s liaison with, and between, trustees, officers, internal staff and departments, as well as external parties, including the OCIO.
· Maintains regular internal and external contacts and manage the inflow and outflow of routine information for the VPFO. Communicate basic information, address informational inquiries, and refer issues to others, as appropriate.
· Screens incoming telephone calls and correspondence and responds independently when appropriate.
· Coordinates meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements, and events for the VPFO. Assists with scheduling appointments and maintaining the VPFO’s calendar.
· Prepares and, as appropriate, composes standardized, customized, or confidential correspondence, memoranda, and/or documents for the review and signature of the VPFO.
· Disseminates materials for RBF trustees, committee members, staff, and external parties (e.g., committee meeting agendas and related documents, board materials, and miscellaneous memoranda).
· Maintains files on all mailings.
· Faxes, files, photocopies, and creates PDFs, as needed.
· Takes on special projects and provides general administrative support, as requested.
The incumbent performs all other duties assigned by the Vice President for Finance and Operations.
· Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to be consistently diplomatic, tactful, and professional, and to interact effectively with all levels of staff, trustees, and external parties.
· Highly effective and efficient administrative skills and abilities, including ability to develop and implement administrative systems to accomplish work.
· Strong knowledge of and ability to use computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using e-mail, the internet, database management software, and Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Other systems currently in use include Intacct for accounting, Nexonia for expense reporting, and Box for document management and collaboration.
· Ability to operate independently, set goals, and be disciplined in achieving them with minimal supervision.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with flexibility and detail orientation. Able to prioritize, work under pressure, and meet short deadlines.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and handle confidential matters with discretion.
· Ability to develop and maintain broad knowledge of the RBF’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures.
· Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to draft original correspondence.
Additionally, each employee is expected to:
· Understand and support the philanthropic mission of the RBF.
· Respect and value those who partner with or request assistance from the RBF.
· Manage the resources of the RBF in a manner that maximizes the funds available for charitable activity.
· Appreciate the value of diversity initiatives and equal opportunity in all work relationships.
· Respect the contribution of each employee of the RBF and support colleagues in fulfilling their individual responsibilities.
· Appreciate differences in perspectives and point of view and work collaboratively with colleagues toward shared goals and objectives.
· Commit time to RBF activities and conversations that strengthen the Fund’s culture and improve its effectiveness.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of five years administrative level experience, with at least two years of experience providing support at an executive level.
· Foundation and/or other nonprofit experience, preferred.
· Experience in financial, accounting, or investing fields preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, a generous benefits package, and a pleasant work environment.
To apply, please send a letter explaining your interest in the position and qualifications along with a resume to email@example.com. Include Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Finance and Operations on the subject line of your email. Additionally, include a brief writing sample of five to 10 pages of your original work. No telephone or fax inquiries please. Application deadline is March 23, 2018.
Rockefeller Brothers Fund
Attn: Human Resources – Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Finance and Operations
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 900
New York, NY 10115
For additional information please visit our website at www.rbf.org.