Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
217 West 147th Street
National Dance Institute (NDI), an acclaimed arts education organization, is seeking a Program Assistant to provide administrative support for our Teaching Artist Training initiatives. NDI’s training programs disseminate our teaching methodology to dancers and dance educators around the world. This position will report to the Director of Professional Development and will be responsible for supporting our growing local, national and international training offerings. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an enthusiastic belief in NDI’s mission and teaching methodology, a commitment to excellence, a willingness to take initiative, and the skills to work collaboratively in an open office environment. NDI is dedicated to building a culturally vibrant team and strongly encourages applications from people of diverse backgrounds.
· Provide administrative, logistical, and clerical support for NDI's Teaching Artist Training Programs
· Manage special projects and tasks as determined by the Director of Professional Development
· Liaise with NDI teaching artists and administrative colleagues, as well as external stakeholders, especially
other arts education organizations
· Answer and direct email and phone inquiries
· Maintain project timelines, database of contacts, and schedules
· Provide support to the Program Department and the Artistic Director as needed
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Google Drive, and social media platforms
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to track and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
· Experience working with children
· Experience in dance, the arts, and/or education a plus
· Undergraduate degree required
Full benefits package offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and three (3) professional job references to Emily Meisner, Director of Professional Development at email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be considered and contacted. Please no phone calls, no recruiters!
Equal Employment Opportunity is the law. National Dance Institute is an equal opportunity employer.