2198 San Gabriel Avenue
Elizabeth Ann Seton Residence, a program of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is a 45 day family shelter in Long Beach that provides emergency shelter for unemployed adults and their children.
The position also provides leadership to other Client Resources Coordinators and handles more difficult cases in serving clients through counseling, advocacy, and guidance. May supervise the work of employees and/or volunteers. (FRT) staff is responsible for a triage screening, coordinating crisis housing, connecting families to supportive services to address any immediate needs, and scheduling a standardized assessment with a FSC Housing Navigator.
The following duties are also to be performed:
- Assesses clients’ needs and helps them address and achieve their identified goals.
- Develops problem solving relationship with clients. Assesses and identifies needs and abilities of clients.
- Completes assessments and makes referrals to mental health agencies within 72 hours if needed.
- Completes assessments and makes referrals to substance abuse screening within 72 hours if needed.
- Develops plans to fulfill assessment goals.
- Works with other agencies and the FSC-SPA8 to ensure clients receive all needed services.
- Links clients to existing Agency and community resources, including advocacy.
- Records client-related information.
- Compiles monthly statistics of services provided.
- Inputes all clients and residents into CaseWorthy, LB-HMIS and LA-HMIS.
- Attends weekly and monthly case management meetings.
- Monitors cases and plans for re-assessment.
- Maintains confidentiality of client information and records.
- Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years of related experience to include case management
- Experience working with the homeless population
- Experience in supervising a small staff
- Skilled in performing comprehensive case management services, including assessment, service planning, coordination, and documentation.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to promote program services and network with partner agencies.
- Knowledge in developing procedures based on contract requirements.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License, Class C, Auto Insurance, and willingness to travel as required.
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative.
- Must be organized and maintain accurate and orderly records.
Excellent benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short / long term disability, AFLAC, 12 paid vacation days per year, 10 paid sick days per year & 12 paid holidays per year.
Minimum Education Required