Education for the Children USA (www.eftcusa.org) is accepting applications for the role of Executive Director. The successful candidate for this position would report directly to the EFTC USA Board of Directors and would collaborate closely with EFTC´s Guatemalan Executive Director and EFTC UK. This position is currently part-time, requiring 20 hours per week, with a remuneration of $25,000 per year.
Above all the USA Executive Director would be responsible for supporting, maintaining and growing EFTC´s USA network and overseeing all non-profit operations and compliance.
- Liaison with EFTC offices in the UK and Guatemala
- Work closely with and report to the Board of Directors of EFTC USA
- Develop relationships with EFTC USA sponsors and supporters in a professional, supportive, and personable manner
- Develop and expand the EFTC USA sponsors and supporters base, seeking out new connections with individuals, groups, and businesses
- Fundraise a minimum of $100,000 per year for EFTC USA with clear goals and metrics to increase annual givings year-on-year
- Create a system for tracking and analyzing metrics to ensure EFTC USA fundraising and organizational goals are being met and effectively pursued
- Manage all 501(c)3 policies and regulations compliance for EFTC USA
- Update and keep track of all online platforms to ensure information is updated on an annual basis
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of EFTC USA by implementing systems of continuous improvement, project and task management, and process capturing
- Ensuring major donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme and are kept informed of progress and key milestones
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Nonprofit Management, Business, Fundraising or Philanthropic Studies or a minimum of five years’ experience in a related field
- Strong history of successful fundraising of $100,000+ annually for a similar organization
- Understanding of and experience with US policy and regulation in order to maintain 501(c)3 status
- Strong professional ethics
- Legal ability for USA based employment (citizen, work permit or similar)
- Excellent communication skills: Both verbal and written communication skills are important for this role.The successful candidate will need to build long-term relationships with potential donors and/or volunteers and having a compelling case for support, and the genuine impact they could have, will make them want to make a difference.
- Research skills: The Executive Director will need to be skilled at researching and devising strategies, as well as spotting and taking advantage of donation opportunities
- System Development skills: EFTC USA is growing exponentially and requires improved, updated and new systems put in place to ensure it continues to develop ethically and with transparency.
- Self-Motivated & Results Orientated: The ideal candidate would be someone who thrives working with minimal direction while still being a team player, is self motivated, and is able to set clear goals and achieve them without regular check-ins from a supervisor.