Details: Salary Commensurate with Experience
1530 Dekalb Ave.
The Redistricting Project Director will manage a multi-year redistricting reform project (“the project”) leading the planning and execution of the project. The project manager is the sole staff person for the project at this time, though we could grow staff capacity over time as necessary.
1. Develop Redistricting Project Campaign
· Lead infrastructure team and lead coalition partners in development of multi- year campaign plan to engage the public on this issue.
· Secure support from partner organizations for plan execution.
· Identify any landscape gaps and/or capacity needs within partner organizations to support campaign.
2. Coordinate Key Stakeholders & Partner Organizations in Support of Redistricting Project
· Maintain coalition steering committee of key partner organizations and serve as staff to steering committee.
· Lead coordination among stakeholders and partners on this issue area and convene regular meetings of stakeholders and partners to further campaign plan & objectives.
· Develop and disseminate relevant materials and collateral for use by partners, including toolkits, public education materials, etc.
· Manage all campaign assets and oversee all public campaign
3. Identify and Secure Funding for Redistricting Project
· Work with leadership to identify and secure state and national funding to support redistricting campaign.
Applicants should have:
· A demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with leaders in the progressive community;
· A demonstrated ability to organize & mobilize grassroots supporters;
· Strong people skills and ability to exercise good judgment and discretion;
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking;
· The ability to manage several projects at once;
· The ability to work proactively and independently;
· Assertiveness and tact in handling confidential and sensitive issues and documents;
· A basic familiarity with 501(c)(3), (c)(4) and 527 distinctions and regulations;
· The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
· A strong work ethic; and
· A sense of humor.
Medical insurance available; other benefits negotiable
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Forward a brief cover letter, resume and salary/benefit requirements to email@example.com. E-mails should reference “Redistricting Project Director” in the subject line. Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, so we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
ProGeorgia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disability or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.