AFTD seeks a driven, dynamic marketing professional to join a growing team and help us shape the future of dementia care.
We are the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common form of dementia under 60, known as FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future.
AFTD was founded by a volunteer in 2002. Empowering families to bring about change and make a difference in the lives of others in their communities is central to everything we do. We raise awareness to tell the world about a devastating, little known disease. We educate health professionals, helping them to provide responsive care in their communities. We fund leading-edge science and work with leading biopharma companies to advance research.
We value knowledge, compassion, collaboration, respect and dignity. Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. By applying for this essential role, you can take the next step in your career – and truly make a difference for others.
Working in close collaboration with Director of Development & Communications and other senior staff, the Digital Marketing Manager will lead the planning and development of all marketing campaigns and will also analyze metrics and identify trends as related to the organization and those that AFTD serves. They will measure site traffic and other valuable metrics using web analytics tools to better optimize marketing campaigns. The Digital Marketing Manager will proactively and effectively promote all organization programs, events, opportunities and resources.
Essential Job Functions
- Analysis and Reporting: Define, analyze and report on key marketing metrics and use that analysis to improve upon organizational communications and to inform engagement, development and fundraising activities. Track for key outcomes in donations, volunteer forms, downloaded resources, etc. and use this data to drive changes to AFTD’s digital engagement strategy.
- Managing Digital Advertising and Marketing Strategy: Plan, develop, and manage AFTD’s inbound and outbound marketing strategies to target the local communities across the United States, as well as the growing global audience. Manage AFTD’s SEO/SEM/digital advertising strategy through the monitoring of search trends and the tailoring of AFTD resources to meet audience members. Monitor content across all platforms. Responsible for AFTD’s email marketing and effectively engaging all segments of our audience, including FTD-unaware members of the public, families facing a new diagnosis and established donors and volunteers. Ensure a positive mobile and tablet experience for a growing share of AFTD’s digital audience. Coordinate with the Online Community Specialist to ensure alignment of web and social media content.
- Brand Management: Refine, lead and manage how the AFTD brand is conveyed in all formats on all materials and ensure effective and appropriate representation. Serve as the steward and driver for internal adoption of the organizational style guide and provide proactive maintenance and refinement of the brand across all platforms and programs, – while expanding our outreach to underserved audiences.
Other Job Functions
- Lead for creative on all AFTD campaigns based on creative concepts approved by/developed in collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications.
- Provide organization- and community-wide proactive guidance on, and final sign-off of, branding compliance for all materials.
- Conscientiously follow company policies and practices and care for company property.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; relevant advanced degree preferred
- Relevant technical certifications (Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook and/or equivalents) will be considered
- 5+ years of marketing or equivalent experience across multiple digital platforms/formats required
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated collaboration with senior leadership in relevant areas (including analytics, strategy, creative collaborations).
- Demonstrated experience in external multi-stakeholder engagement
- Strong technical proficiency, including proficiency in Google Analytics, WordPress, MailChimp and Salesforce (or equivalent platforms) as well as Office Suite preferred
- Demonstrated experience planning and producing creative for multiple campaigns, with campaigns focused on rare disease, healthcare consumers or vulnerable populations a plus
- 2-5 years of management experience preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in written Spanish a plus
- Demonstrated awareness of and/or experience with outreach to diverse populations.
- Demonstrated experience shaping and fulfilling marketing plans
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Strong brand compliance experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise with using digital analytics to plan and drive inbound and/or outbound marketing strategies
- Excellent organizational skills and time management; the ability to manage several concurrent projects with a results-oriented attitude
- Public relations experience a plus
- Ability to approach work with a professional, warm manner; to be a flexible team player and exhibit a willingness to take on new challenges
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AFTD values its staff and all who work with us to advance our mission. We practice trust, cultivate creativity, and incorporate input from all, seeking to grow and learn in service to families at every stage on an FTD journey.
If you are interested in learning more about this excellent career opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume. Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.