Formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC), Vibrant Emotional Health’s groundbreaking solutions have delivered high quality services and support, when, where and how people need it for over 50 years. Through our state-of-the-art technology-enabled services, community wellness programs, and advocacy and education work, we are building a society in which emotional wellness can be a reality for everyone.
Department: Center for Policy, Advocacy, and Education
Title: Program Specialist, CCSI/DYCD
Supervisor: Program and Training Manager
Vibrant Emotional Health is a not-for-profit organization with a three-part mission of advocacy, direct service and education (www.vibrant.org). The Program Specialist provides support, administration, and management of the training and advocacy work done through the Coordinated Children’s Services Initiative (CCSI; funded by NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene), as well as capacity building, training and technical assistance contracts (funded by NYC Department of Youth and Community Development) that provide professional development to community-based organizational staff throughout the 5 boroughs of NYC.
The purpose of the Coordinated Children’s Services Initiative of New York City (CCSI-NYC) is to improve the coordination of services for children with emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs; identify and address cross-systems issues; and provide a monthly forum for agency, provider, and family representatives from across the 5 boroughs of New York City to work collaboratively to advance a system of care for children and youth with mental health challenges.
Vibrant Emotional Health is seeking a highly-motivated professional with strong project management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills to work within Vibrant’s Center for Policy, Advocacy, and Education. This role requires leadership skills, an understanding child and family-serving systems in New York City, and the ability to support diverse stakeholders throughout the city to coalesce toward action and advocacy focused on children, youth and families mental, emotional, and behavioral health.
The Program Specialist is responsible for attending Borough Based Council monthly meetings (throughout the 5 boroughs of NYC), quarterly Citywide Oversight Committee meetings, scheduling and coordinating presentations and professional development offerings, communicating with funders and key stakeholders regularly, and maintaining organized systems of reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Coordinated Children’s Service Initiative contract and day-to-day programmatic activities.
- Prepare materials, attend, and provide administrative support for the Borough Based Councils, Citywide Oversight Committee, and other workgroups within CCSI.
- Support Vibrant's Training and Technical Assistance Unit (contract management, invoicing, preparation of training materials, evaluative activities).
- Write monthly reports and maintain up-to-date data for funding sources.
- Collect data, generate reports, and ensure all information being reported to funders to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain digital resources and online presence of CCSI.
- Work with Program and Training Manager to develop and coordinate capacity-building programming for multiple contracts.
- Provide additional support for the Center for Policy, Advocacy and Education, as needed.
- Team player with ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Results-oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and manage changing priorities.
- Personable and customer-service focused.
- Flexibility and willingness to go above and beyond.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s in social work or public health strongly preferred.
- 3-4 years of clinical, administrative and project management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Familiarity with the children’s mental health and other child-serving systems required
- Community organizing or coalition-building experience is a plus.
To apply for this position, please provide a thoughtful cover letter along with your current resume. The deadline for applications is September 17th, 2018.
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available.
Minimum Education Required