For full consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience make you a great candidate for this position.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Payroll Specialist to join our Accounting Team in Seattle, WA.
The successful candidate will have great customer service skills and demonstrate skills that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Work Schedule: 20+hrs/week
- Some onsite work required
Why Sound Generations?
- We offer great benefits, competitive pay, flexible schedule and a supportive work environment.
- Sound Generations is an equal opportunity employer and we value our diverse workforce. We welcome everyone who is interested in serving our local communities. Please contact our HR Team at 206.727.6220 for help with accommodations or if you have any questions.
Process the semi-monthly payroll for +/- 200 employees. Process payroll, maintain and update payroll data in the payroll system in a timely and accurate manner. Serve as the liaison for employees. Reconcile GL payroll accounts and resolve payroll issues. Coordinate funding for benefits. Support accounting team as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process semi-monthly payroll: Update records, coordinate payroll deadlines and time sheet reporting, verify accuracy and process the payroll.
- Compile and update payroll data in the payroll system from a variety of sources, such as timecards, payroll change notices, withholding forms, etc.
- Reconcile accounts and resolve payroll issues. Interpret payroll, accounting and other payroll-related policies and procedures.
- Process employment verifications, garnishments, facilitate monthly ORCA program, and coordinate 401k, FSA, HSA, and HRA funding and reporting.
- Verify and update labor cost allocations every pay period.
- Complete time off system setup, update every pay period, and resolve time off issues. Assist employees with payroll system registration and login issues with security verification.
- Prepare and deposit daily cash receipts and prepare all incoming donations.
- Assist payroll team with summary information and analysis of records and reports.
- Ensure compliance with institutional, state, and federal requirements in payroll procedures, computations, and deductions.
- Learn accounts payable system and support and backup the Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Participate in mandatory program and organizational activities, meetings and trainings.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote equity and inclusion. Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and other forms of oppression.
- Regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
- Assume and effectively discharge other related duties as assigned.
- Supervised by the Payroll Supervisor.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with client, staff, volunteers, and persons utilizing the same facilities and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's Degree in Accounting OR High Diploma/Equivalent AND Two (2) years of experience in related field may be substituted for education.
- One (1) year of accounting related experience required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrate skills that promote equity and inclusion in a culturally diverse environment.
- Intermediate EXCEL proficiency, including V-Lookup and Power Pivot.
- Ability to analyze financial documents, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to multi-task, manage deadlines and produce quality results with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a remote environment and effectively use web-based applications and productivity software including: Teams, Zoom, Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.
- Demonstrate accuracy, attention to detail and maintain confidentiality in a fast paced financial environment.
- Ability to maintain a regular and predictable attendance record in order to support a semi-monthly pay schedule.
- Organize, plan, coordinate, and carryout assigned tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Provide excellent customer service and problem solve effectively.
- Ability to be calm under pressure in a high stress environment.
- Learn, interpret and apply codes, policies, procedures, instructions, and other information.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and external audiences via in person, phone, email, and virtual platforms.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and work independently as appropriate.
- Continually learn and utilize a variety of information systems and software.