Details: Salary commensurate with experience
Position: Program Coordinator Location: Oakland Office Job Category:Full Time
POSITION The Program Coordinator will support the strategy and execution of all Black Girls CODE West Coast programs. S/he will support the development and implementation of program initiatives, community outreach, communications, and administrative operations in a fast-paced, high-performance environment. Assists with the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and scheduling of chapter volunteers and ensures that the activities of our volunteer team aligns with the needs of the organization. The Program Coordinator will effectively and eagerly operate across all departments of a startup nonprofit. Successful candidates will have demonstrated capabilities using technology tools to manage projects or programs (Google docs, Microsoft Office, email, etc) a background in computer science is desired but not required. Direct experience working with youth (or experience coordinating programs for youth) is required. The Program Coordinator will be a new, full-time position based in the SF Bay Area reporting to the West Coast Program Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES ● Assist in the development and execution of BGC workshops and youth enrichment activities.
● Manage and coordinate volunteers and teaching assistants in support of all workshops and activities.
● Support the program operations of the organization, including managing logistics around our workshops (food, transit, coordinating speakers, etc) fulfilling administrative needs, drafting targeted social media-related and other communications, and assisting staff as needed
● Take on projects as assigned by staff with creativity, initiative, and self-direction
10-20% travel is required. Both domestic and international.
QUALIFICATIONS This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a small and growing team in a dynamic startup environment. The position offers great potential for learning and affords real opportunity to have a tangible impact on communities across the country.
- Minimum of 4 years of related university education in a STEM field or Education
- Prior start-up work experience is preferred
- Exceptional organizational and team-building skills and ability to balance multiple priorities in a changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in such mediums as emails, blogs, web copy and social media; exceptional attention to detail
- Strong experience and outgoing personality in fostering relationships and partnerships with community organizations and corporations
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Integrity, maturity, credibility, and a demonstrated commitment to BGC’s mission
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field is ideal but not required
Health and Dental
Vacation and Holidays
Minimum Education Required