Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
20 Jay St.
About Explore Schools:
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. Our mission is to provide students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
About the Position:
The Operations Associate (OA) plays an important role in supporting day-to-day operations and deliverables of the school as deemed by the Director of Operations. As with any member of the operations team, the role requires flexibility and the ability to wear many hats in service of helping the school meet its goals and objectives. Our ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and a demonstrated track record of navigating challenging demands swiftly, thoughtfully and in a detailed manner.
Primary responsibilities will be administrative and non-instructional in nature, including managing and executing on functions related to, but not limited to, the school’s main office, facilities, supplies and materials, safety protocols, student systems and services, technology, data management, event planning, family engagement and student supervision as deemed necessary. This is an extraordinary opportunity for new and experienced operations or administrative personnel to apply effective administrative operating systems in the setting of a mission-driven organization.
The primary features of this job are described above, with directional activities listed below. The responsibilities may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Supports vision to actualize a main office culture that provides high quality, warm, professional customer service to all stakeholders.
- Main office duties include reception, printing & copying, mail and shipments, family communication, staff communication, filing, data entry, etc.
- Provides the leadership team with administrative and ad hoc support as needed (e.g. organizing staff appreciation initiatives, coordinating surveys, coordinating professional development, etc.)
- Contributes to the overall success of the school and the network by welcoming related, different, and new requests; remaining aware of the demands on others and volunteering to help without being asked, as appropriate/ possible
Staff Services & Support
- Coordinates space and facilities requests and needs, including booking permits and distribution of keys
- Coordinates space upgrades and capital improvements for classroom, office, and common areas
- Ensures leadership’s vision for physical climate, branding and beautification are met.
- Works with co-located teams, custodial staff, school safety and other building stakeholders
- Ensures the custodial staff are meeting expectation, such as physical safety compliance, cleaning, repairs, permits, events and physical climate.
- Assists with and/or coordinates (1) moving and lifting of boxes and other deliveries, (2) small scale repair and maintenance needs and (3) set-up and cleaning of spaces
- Manages systems for inventory of fixed assets, furniture and curricular materials
- Manages organizing and restocking of supplies and materials
- Coordinates usage & maintenance of machines (e.g. copiers, poster machines, laminators)
- Assists with technology (e.g. liaising with IT vendor, navigating mandatory systems, check-out and return of materials, etc.)
- Assists with daily time and attendance and personnel matters (e.g. check-out system for staff metrocards)
- Manages on-site collection of incident reports and other delegated activities related to compliance and legal matters.
Student Services & Support
- Coordinates services with external partners related to meals, transportation, safety, uniforms, etc.
- Assists with non-instructional student systems and processes such as attendance, schoolwide systems (breakfast, lunch, recess, and dismissal), family meetings and conferences, assemblies and more.
- Ensures the safety of students (e.g. building-wide preparation for emergencies by creating action plans and communicating policies with staff, liaises to review surveillance footage when needed, etc.)
- Coordinates teaching and/or supervision coverage of students (e.g. management of the duties schedule, ordering and on-site support of substitutes, leave replacement support, etc.)
- Coordinates planning, purchase, delivery and installation of school furniture
- Maintains a system to order, purchase, receive, inventory and return (if necessary) goods to ensure the school staff and students consistently have everything they need to operate and achieve our mission
- Completes all school orders in compliance with Explore Schools’ protocols for order processing
- Troubleshoots missing or incomplete orders and maintains communications with staff throughout the purchase cycle
- Ensures all orders posted for invoicing are compliant with accounting systems and protocols developed by Explore Schools
- Proactively develops relationships with vendors to assure cost-competitive products
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Prior related experience, preferred
- Strong technical computer skills
- The desire to create and maintain a safe, secure, efficient, and sustainable school environment
- A willingness to go above and beyond to support our mission
- The ability to execute tasks efficiently and with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- The ability to work with and manage others up, down and sideways.
- The ability to execute and communicate in a direct and sensitive fashion
- A steadfast commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Professional integrity, flexibility, and a reflective attitude
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
The critical features of this job are described above; they may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply