Rise Up is a grantmaking and ecosystem building entity committed to nurturing the soul of Jewish social justice work. Initiated with funding and support from the Nathan Cummings Foundation in 2019, Rise Up is focused on work that is deepening the spiritual and cultural pathways between social justice and the richness of Jewish tradition and life. Rise Up puts an emphasis on centering the margins, including a priority on support for work led by Jews of Color and white organizations with a clear racial justice commitment. For more on our work and grantees, see the website: www.riseupinitiative.org In its two years of existence, Rise Up has supported over 30 projects and organizations with funding, community building and coaching. We have:
● Made grants of over $750K
● Developed thriving Communities of Practice
● Spearheaded research on this emerging ecosystem
● Cultivated relationships with the Jewish funding community
● Helped grantees build fundraising capacity
● Led Fortification for Mobilization series leading up to 2020 election
Rise Up is poised for a next chapter of evolution and growth. It embodies tremendous capacity to transform the Jewish social justice field and the elevating of prophetic work and voice from the Jewish community. The Project Director is a part-time role of 20 hours/week. It is designed for a seasoned practitioner interested in this level of work.
GROW FUNDING BASE
GOVERNANCE AND SUPERVISION
A candidate will thrive in this role if they have the following capacities and skills:
● Facilitative leadership
● Strategic thinking and implementation
● Hold boundaries and maturity around multiple roles including grant maker, community
builder, fundraiser and partner
● Strong grounding in Jewish tradition, practice and/or community
● Build multiple types of trusting relationships
● Strong and clear communication, both verbally and in writing
● Holds clear anti-racist politics, approach and presence
● Efficiency and attention to detail
● Holding big picture
● Hours: Please note again, this is a part-time position, 15-20 hours/week.
● Compensation: $60-70K yearly based on experience; only PTO benefits provided.
● Start date: March 15, 2022. This new staff person and the current project director will
overlap to ensure a smooth transition.
● Location: This is a remote position. As public health realities permit, there will be some
limited travel for in-person gatherings.
● Reports to: Rise Up Leadership Team. Currently, Rise Up is fiscally sponsored by the
Commitment to Racial Equity and Inclusion
Rise Up is committed to racial equity and inclusion at every level, from grantee support to our Leadership Team. Not only are we an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on any basis, we strongly encourage Jews of Color to apply.
Rise Up is a grantmaking and ecosystem building entity committed to nurturing the soul of Jewish social justice work. Initiated with funding and support from the Nathan Cummings Foundation in 2019, Rise Up is focused on work that is…