The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD) in our lifetime. The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research worldwide, having funded more than $1 billion in research projects in academic and industry labs worldwide. We exist to put ourselves out of business, so we deliberately hold no endowment but instead spend what we raise quickly and efficiently; 88 cents of every dollar spent goes directly to research programs. Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de- risk various treatment ideas and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. Today, the Foundation has about 150 full-time employees.
Located in Midtown Manhattan, MJFF is an international organization with a national funding base. This role is based in New York City; however, we expect to continue working remotely through Labor Day. To learn more, please visit michaeljfox.org.
Position Summary: The Development Operations and Revenue Analytics team is integral in helping the Michael J Fox Foundation scale its mission principally through an expanded revenue base. The team helps to drive revenue growth by supporting revenue line leaders with insightful and actionable analysis to help them make strategic decisions for their teams. It also works to measure the impact made by various initiatives taken on across our revenue lines.
The Strategy Associate will contribute to the success of the Development Team by coordinating the execution of various projects across the team. This candidate will find compelling data across our revenue lines and communicate those in a way that allows strategic action to be taken. He/she will help to enhance visibility into revenue line performance and enable efficient allocation of resources.
The ideal Strategy Associate is a left- and right-brain thinker – meaning you possess both analytical chops and creative skills. This person will be an approachable problem-solver who confers a sense of urgency and customer service with constituents, teammates, and colleagues and through excellent communication, will influence and drive thoughtful and well-informed decision making across the Development Team.
The successful candidate will energize and motivate those around them and will regularly demonstrate the Foundation’s core values of Optimism, Urgency, Resourcefulness, Collaboration, Accountability and Persistence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track all outputs, milestones, timelines, analytics and metrics of various projects across the Development Team
- Report progress to the Project Team Leads
- Maintain development calendar
- Prepare agendas for project team meetings
- Ensure a shared understanding of project goals and success criteria across the project team
- Support a portfolio of strategic projects aimed at increasing the fundraising efficiency and effectiveness of the Development Team
- Interpret data across vertical, and sub-vertical performance and identify levers for driving revenue growth and leverage this data to provide actionable insights to internal stakeholders
- Prepare and socialize presentations to team leaders on a regular basis.
- Work closely with business leaders to plan project deliverables and milestones
- Create a robust communication plan around projects to ensure business leaders have complete transparency around deliverables and risks
- Employ extensive and effective communication, coordination and teamwork across a group of internal customers within the Development Team
Data & Analysis
- Act as a strategic consultant to our revenue line leaders by providing data-supported insights to help them make decisions
- Prepare a suite of recurring revenue reports and build new revenue reports as needed
- Identify opportunities to improve current reporting formats, processes and systems
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, self-directed and approachable problem-solver who confers a sense of urgency and customer service with internal constituents, teammates, and colleagues.
Soft skills and culture
- Must be comfortable with shifting roles and responsibilities – someone who does what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Extremely organized and able to think big picture
- Data and Results oriented with an excellent attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple competing priorities while delivering results quickly and efficiently
- A self-starting mentality with sound judgment and an ability to anticipate needs without explicit direction
- Embodies civility, customer service, entrepreneurial thinking, and work ethic with an exceptional level of motivation and diligence
- Professionalism is essential as this person will frequently interact with senior leadership at the Foundation
- High EQ
- A positive, “yes and…” mentality is a must
Discrete qualifications and hard skills
- 2–4 years professional experience in either for-profit or non-profit organizations
- Undergraduate degree in related field (this includes, but is not limited to business, marketing, analytics, economics, engineering, management)
- Experience with common workplace tools including: Salesforce, MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Domo, etc) a plus
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation strongly encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to our efforts to build and support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Diversity may refer to characteristics including, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, geographic background, ability and disability, political ideology and age.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD) in our lifetime. The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media…
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Please apply via this link.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs…