44 Belchertown Road
Verité is a growing, award-winning non-profit organization that illuminates and addresses serious human rights and labor rights violations in factories, farms and other workplaces around the world. We serve private sector and public-sector clients by building their internal understanding of the labor rights problems they face in their supply chains and operations, and their skills to solve those problems.
The Department Coordinator will primarily support Verité’s Research & Policy Department. This role will involve the development, implementation and support of internal organizational systems and a range of administrative responsibilities associated with fast-moving and dynamic program implementation.
Tasks and specific responsibilities
- Develop administrative systems to promote the smooth functioning of the department and associated projects, liaising between program and administrative staff as necessary;
- On-board staff to new systems, provide on-going technical support to staff in implementing systems;
- Track the implementation of project workplans and coordinate with senior staff and project leads to ensure timely project delivery;
- Coordinate the scheduling, capacity planning and work projections for interns, consultants, and research teams;
- Monitor and track email and phone communications and scheduling;
- Participate in calls and in-person meetings with clients and external partners, assist in preparation of client-ready communications, including emails and reports;
- Organize meetings and take notes during meetings;
- Organize events and support logistics;
- Coordinate travel schedules and travel arrangements for senior staff;
- Execute invoicing and support processing of expense reports;
- Assist in and coordinate the development of new project proposals, scopes of work, and budgets;
- Review and proofread reports and other written materials.
Qualifications for this position
- BA, preferably in a liberal arts field;
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent English language writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Self-driven and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Intellectually curious;
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office package, with at least intermediate Excel skills.
Qualifications for all Verité positions
- Demonstrate interest in Verité's mission or related social justice objectives in human rights, labor issues, international law, or corporate social responsibility;
- Demonstrate sensitivity and competency engaging with marginalized populations such as those impacted by Verité’s mission;
- Demonstrate professional experience thinking, communicating and working effectively across boundaries, * and promoting inclusiveness and equity in complex multi-stakeholder contexts;
- Personal reliability and commitment to organizational success;
- Experience with handling sensitive and/or confidential information including written, electronic, and other formats;
- Fluent, clear and concise writing in English.
*These include, but are not limited to: gender, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, nationality, class, political opinion, union affiliation, or social or ethnic origin.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please email cover letter and CV detailing your relevant experience against the skills and qualifications above to: email@example.com with the subject line ‘Department Coordinator.’ No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.