10400 Wilshire Blvd.
The Admissions Associate performs a wide variety of administrative support functions for the Admissions Director and is a representative of the school to employees, parents, students, and the general community. The Admissions Associate interprets, transmits, and applies established rules, procedures, and policies; provides collaborative idea generation; and, contributes to the formation and execution of departmental vision. The position reports to the Admissions Director and works closely with the Parenting Center Director and the Business and Development Offices. This position also requires oversight to ensure that all encounters, both internal and external, provide a positive experience and sound resource for all community.
Admissions Associate Responsibilities
- Assists Admissions Director and Parenting Center Director in all areas including admissions, recruitment, retention, public relations, marketing, internal and external communications, and transfer requests.
- Manages admissions and parenting center databases and generates weekly reports.
- Creates new applicant files, tracks teacher recommendation forms, follows up on missing forms and transcripts, and maintains related files for all applicants.
- Creates and edits direct communications with parents.
- Assists in conducting prospective ECC-8 parent tours.
- Prepares a variety of materials including reports, correspondence and presentations.
- Edits materials for grammar, consistency and clarity.
- Provides positive parent experience to current and prospective families.
- Processes official transcript request for students transferring out K-7th
- Takes photographs and video at on- and off-campus school events.
- Establishes and maintains photo and video files; uploads photos and videos to various web platforms as directed by Admissions and/or Parenting Center Directors.
- Assists with event planning; coordinates meeting room reservations, equipment and set up requests, refreshments, notifications, and confirmations; prepares materials, attends meetings as required and may take minutes or conduct related tasks.
- Prepares branding and merchandising materials; maintains departmental supplies and materials.
- Maintains accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates, and schedules.
- Schedules all admissions-related student screenings, parent interviews and tours.
- Attends admissions related events such as fairs, summer play dates and workshops.
- After business hours and weekends.
- Various administrative tasks, as assigned.
- Works occasional evenings and weekends.
Minimum Education & Experience
Completion of a high school diploma and any combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills is qualifying. A college degree is strongly preferred.
- Ability to receive and process confidential/sensitive information with discretion and in accordance with established guidelines or legal standards.
- Prior experience in an independent school setting.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community.
- Prior experience with/proficiency in Blackbaud software programs will be weighted strongly.
- Microsoft suite knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective office principles, practices, methods and procedures.
- Proper telephone techniques.
- Proper business letter formats, report writing, record keeping, and filing systems and related editing techniques.
- Word processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphics/presentation software applications.
- Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Basic mathematics.
- Learn the operations, procedures, policies, and requirements of the Admissions and Communications offices, school, Temple and applicable laws and effectively apply them with good judgment in a variety of situations.
- Perform a variety of simultaneous administrative assistant/clerical support work with speed, accuracy, and frequent interruptions.
- Be flexible to spontaneous demands and have grace under pressure.
- Compose, type, edit, and distribute a variety of correspondence, memorandums, forms, reports, and department publications with clarity and precision.
- Establish and maintain a variety of records and filing systems.
- Prioritize and appropriately schedule work load or tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as a copy machine, computer, printer, and fax machine.
- Effectively use e-mail/Internet, word-processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphics/presentation software application programs in the course of assigned duties and remain current with the advancement of office technology.
- Communicate effectively and tactfully in both oral and written form.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships in the performance of required duties.
- Multitask and work as a team.
paid vacation, sick leave, parental leave, medical, dental, retirement plans, leave early for Shabbat, Life Insurance, complimentary Temple membership
Level of Language Proficiency
English (required, expert).
Minimum Education Required