3015 4th Street NE
Washington Leadership Academy (WLA) is a world-class college prep high school providing D.C. students with the personalized and experiential education needed to succeed in college and become public leaders. WLA combines proven best practices from successful high schools across the country with innovative and technology-rich educational strategies to create an unparalleled academic experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager will provide direct operational support to school leadership.
Sample projects/tasks may include:
- Data management and maintenance related to attendance, student information, etc., including reporting to the Office of the State Superintendent for Education
- Daily parent communication
- Management of essential inventory and supplies for students and teachers
- Event planning for families and staff
- Management of student enrollment, with 100% on OSSE Enrollment Audit
- Daily monitoring of facility to ensure beautiful environment students and staff take pride in.
- Many other duties as assigned
- The Operations Manager will report to the Director of Operations
- PowerSchool management and expertise.
- Experience working with OSSE and PCSB data systems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and urgent work environment
- A focus on outcomes and a “whatever-it-takes” attitude for our students
- Self-guided, mission-aligned, detail-oriented
- Capable (and eager) to balance multiple projects and competing priorities
- Must enjoy learning fast, pivoting faster
- Sense of humor about the little things, sense of urgency about the big things
- Great communication and project management skills
- Exceptional discretion when handling sensitive student information
- Good data skills (proficiency with Excel is a plus.)
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required. Spanish proficiency a plus.
Minimum Education Required