Ensures all machinery and equipment including building and grounds is in satisfactory working condition and complies with all safety standards.
- Knowledge of user manuals, blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Assists in maintaining and repairs all equipment in production areas such as electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, HVAC, forklifts, air compressors and outdoor ground maintenance.
- Responsible for machining new jigs and equipment for production areas and product lines.
- Perform and document preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Remodel office spaces as needed which may include sheetrock, painting or space modification.
- Assemble office and production furniture as needed.
- Respond to maintenance requests on a daily basis.
- Assists with determining tools and supplies needed to complete jobs.
- Use a variety of tools such as power tools, hand tools, electrical testing equipment and electronic testing equipment.
- Ability to operate forklift, scissorlift and overhead crane.
- Mentors all employees in the maintenance profession with the willingness to further their education in technological advances.
- Ensures the adherence to safety and health standards.
- Immediately notify supervisor and/or Safety Manager of any safety and health concerns and problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Three years experience with manufacturing machinery and equipment.
- Above average mechanical ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to drive forklift.
- Welding experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds required.
- Ability to work safely in a team environment or independently.
- Ability to work schedule as assigned.
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, creed, color. National origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document forms upon hire.