Details: Beginning Salary: $21.32/hr
Under supervision of a teacher/administrator, the Special Education Instructional Aide assists in the direct delivery of instruction in a classroom setting with pupils who have severely impairing condition as determined by an individualized education program (IEP). The primary objective of such assistance is to affect learning for mastery by implementing both developmental and remedial methods in basic skill areas and content areas. The employee assists certificated staff by:
- Implementing lesson plans (activities which include reviewing and correcting the work of pupils)
- Participating in parent conferences
- Proctoring examinations
- Keeping relevant records
- Operating instructional equipment in appropriate instructional settings, as well as performing related duties as required.
Some positions may require conversational and written skills in a specific language(s) other than English related to the needs of the assignment. An ability to translate and adapt materials to and from English into that language(s) may also be required.
Some positions may require that the employee furnish a certificate of clearance from the Department of Motor Vehicles in order to meet District insurability.
Minimum Qualifications (One of the following):
- An Associates Degree or higher OR
- 48 college units and a high school diploma OR
- Passing of CBEST and a high school diploma
- Passing of district aide exam and a high school diploma (SFUSD will provide test prep for district exam to qualify)
Must be available to work on Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 3:30pm; Work hours range from 22.5 hours to 30 hours per week; includes medical/dental coverage; qualified candidates will be contacted for a brief phone interview to initiate the interview process.
San Francisco Unified School District is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. SFUSD does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required