The Maine Democratic Party is hiring canvassers for part-time work based in Lewiston. As an MDP canvasser, you will be part of a vitally important team traveling throughout Maine’s critical swing 2nd Congressional District talking 1:1 with voters about the importance of this November’s election and our opportunity to elect a Democratic Congressman, Governor, and State Legislature. You’ll learn valuable grassroots political and community organizing skills, and be helping to bring about positive change in the lives of your fellow Mainers.
· Be excited and comfortable talking to voters and electing Democrats this November.
· Have a willingness to learn new skills and a strong personal motivation to meet goals.
· Enjoy the challenges and easily adapt to a fast-paced work environment and constantly changing political landscape.
· Be physically capable of walk long distances daily, sometimes on challenging terrain.
· Flexibility to work afternoon/evening and weekend shifts.
If you are interested in joining our team, call (207) 514-6007 or email jobsME2@mainedems.org.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. The Maine Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis
Minimum Education Required