Details: Salary commensurate with experience
1001 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
About Digital Promise
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Digital Promise is looking for an experienced writer and communications professional who can deliver dynamic content and partner experiences in support of the Educator Micro-credential initiative.
We’re seeking a creative and strategic thinker who can craft compelling messaging, implement targeted dissemination efforts, and cultivate buy-in and engagement with educators, district and state leaders, and other key audiences to join a movement to reimagine professional learning.
The Content and Engagement Lead will bring creativity and purpose to case studies, blog posts, promotional materials, web copy, press releases, and white papers, as well as facilitate the creation and implementation of multimedia channels to expand the reach and impact of micro-credentials. This role requires someone who can develop clear and inspiring messaging in a variety of contexts. This is an exciting opportunity to grow the uptake and visibility of a promising new development in educator professional learning while working with a nimble, entrepreneurial organization.
- Inspire, inform, and connect with educators to encourage them to join the micro-credential movement through the creation and curation of content.
- Manage the engagement activities and programmatic elements of the Micro-credential Teacher Ambassador Program.
- Elevate educator voice throughout all aspects of the initiative, including through the creation of a multimedia interactive report in the educator experience.
- Develop creative strategy for various projects and external-facing content.
- Provide communications, press, and positioning support for micro-credential events.
- Lead the execution of various marketing campaigns promoting micro-credentials.
- Write and edit copy for web, blogs, campaigns, promotional materials, social media, case studies, and white papers.
- Lead the day-to-day implementation of the communications and marketing strategy.
- Work with partner organizations, influential bloggers, social media users, teacher ambassadors and other stakeholders to develop and curate content that will further the reach and impact of micro-credentials.
- Work with staff across Digital Promise to ensure that micro-credentials are appropriately integrated into and positioned within Digital Promise’s work.
- Support the Creative Director in developing and producing various external-facing content aimed at promoting micro-credentials.
- Partner with the Communications Team to ensure that Digital Promise’s branding, voice, and tone guidelines are maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, education, English or related field is required.
- 5+ years experience in content creation and editing (web content, blogs, campaigns, promotional materials, social media, case studies, white papers, grant proposals and reports) that aligns with the AP style guide.
- Stellar writing and communications skills.
- A passion for education and knowledge of its practices and policies.
- Previous experience supporting the growth of educators.
- Exemplary organizational skills and experience managing multi-faceted content projects.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Benefits commensurate with experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.