36 South Wabash Avenue
Corporate relationships are critical to City Year, and our top partners contribute $100,000 per year to serve as a team sponsor in our Team Sponsor Program. Companies not only lend their financial resources to City Year but also leverage their talented employees and unique capacities to strengthen communities and the national service movement.
City Year Chicago seeks an experienced Director of Corporate and Foundation (Institutional Giving) Partnerships who will lead efforts to secure financial support from corporations and foundation in the Chicago area as well as oversee City Year Chicago’s Team Sponsorship Program. Reporting to the Managing Director of Development, this position will play a critical role in the successful execution of a substantial and sustainable corporate and foundation (institutional) giving program focused primarily on the cultivation and solicitation of new $100,000 Team Sponsorships.
Working closely with the Executive Director, site board members, and volunteer leaders, and in conjunction with the Development and Grants Manager, the Director of Corporate and Foundation Partnerships (Institutional Giving) is responsible for securing $2.7 million annually in corporate and foundation support.
• Develop and implement a Sponsorship Revenue Strategy that increases City Year’s corporate and foundation, support in the Chicago market by at least 25 percent annually.
• Identify and cultivate a pipeline of corporate prospects with the capacity to commit annual and multiyear investments at the $25,000+ level
• Specific emphasis on cultivation of new team sponsors at annual $100,000 Team Sponsorship level.
• Lead Development Manager to cultivate and steward corporate supporters
• Lead Grants Manger to cultivate and steward foundation supporters.
• Leverage existing City Year programs including Team Sponsorships, service days, and special events as well as create new initiatives and customized engagement opportunities to drive additional funding.
• Create powerful sales materials: write powerful and persuasive proposals and prepare dynamic presentations customized or target audience.
• Work independently and co-dependently; leverage Executive Director, Managing Director, Site Board Members and volunteer leaders to champion relationships and engage Presidents, CEOs and Senior Vice Presidents to invest financially in City Year Chicago.
* Effectively engage current contributors to the first phase of City Year Chicago’s Long Term Impact campaign through events, site visits and service projects to deepen their commitment to the organization and to renew their support for City Year Chicago through the 25th Anniversary and second phase of the Long Term Impact campaign.
- BA/BS degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience, preferably for a non-profit educational organization, a foundation, or in corporate sponsorships with proven ability to close $25K to six-figure corporate and foundation gifts and sponsorships. Or relevant experience in corporate community affairs or corporate social responsibility.
- Effective communication and organizational skills; must demonstrate high level of emotional intelligence and attention to detail.
- Mastered ability (and an interest in) collaborating and presenting information to internal and external audiences.
- Experience managing multiple projects or tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Availability and interest to attend meetings and engagements outside of core business hours
- Interest in and comfortability navigating all areas of Chicago via public transit, ride share, or automobile
- Deep understanding of City Year’s mission and national service movement with a belief in youth as agents of social change is helpful
- City Year/AmeriCorps/Peace Corps alumni who meet minimum direct fundraising experience are encouraged to apply
A cover letter and resume must be submitted to be considered for this position. Preferred resume formats will depict not only a candidate’s responsibilities and job functions in previous work, but will include specific, quantitative results where applicable. Additional quantitative context around specific budget sizes, team sizes, or other work environment information will help City Year compare the scale of your work environment with our operations.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.