- Reports to: Vice President, Human Resources
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: Human Resources
- Position classification: Nonexempt, full time; Nonunion - Level 1
- Minimum compensation: $40,000
American Progress seeks a Human Resources Assistant to provide assistance in all areas of human resources. The Human Resources Assistant will assist with day-to-day operations and interact with employees regarding human resources-related activities and processes. American Progress is looking for candidates who demonstrate attention to detail and an ability to multitask. As a member of the Human Resources team, it is critical that candidates handle confidential matters with complete discretion.
- Perform administrative tasks to support the entire Human Resources team.
- Assist with scheduling and other support duties for senior members of the human resources team, including by assisting in the coordination and planning of meetings, drafting memos, and filing.
- Assist the Human Resources team with benefits, data entry, recruitment and onboarding, training, and other projects.
- Post open positions and send offers and other HR correspondence to candidates and new hires.
- Serve as a liaison to the Events team and coordinate HR activities and events.
- When in the office, greet department visitors and provide them with excellent customer service.
- Assist employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of the Human Resources department’s policies and procedures.
- Assist with new employee orientations and onboarding.
- Ensure that department bills are paid in a timely manner
- Respond to reference checks and verification of employment status.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience with administrative or human resources work, or the equivalent combination of education and experience, is preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and a sense of humor.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to engage effectively with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks and duties and communicate status or need for assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, track, and follow up continuously to ensure that all tasks and duties are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly resolve problems and take prompt action to overcome obstacles to completing work.
- Experience with HRIS, applicant tracking, and payroll systems.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of all employee information.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a starting salary of $40,000.