1201 Dove Street
POSITION TITLE: Education Director (Orange County/Long Beach Region)
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises the work of contracted, per-diem trainers.
LOCATION: Orange County/Long Beach Office
Direct and oversee all aspects of the regional A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute and other regional educational priorities and programs. Coordinate, adapt and deliver regional training programs and design educational anti-bias initiatives and programs tailored to the regional communities. Generate revenue through fee-for-service and fundraising efforts. Staff and facilitate the regional Education Advisory Committee and/or lay leader engagement with educational programs.
- Market, coordinate and implement A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute anti-bias programs to regional educational institutions. Develop training agendas based on regional needs within ADL’s pedagogical standards and frameworks, and personally conduct some training sessions and workshops.
- Negotiate and generate contracts associated with education programs and events. Coordinate related special events in the region, including program launches, campaigns and conferences.
- Oversee the regional budget for A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute and dedicated education grants. Generate fee-for-service revenue and, in collaboration with Development, write grant proposals, conduct solicitations and assist in fundraising to support regional ADL education programs and services.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate a cadre of contracted, per-diem trainers. Coordinate schedules and assignments, and plan and oversee ongoing professional development.
- Monitor and evaluate regional education programs and compile, prepare and submit data and reports for the Community Service Center.
- Conduct meetings with and presentations for potential clients. Maintain client database.
- Develop community relationships and network with educators to facilitate effective delivery of education programs.Collaborate on programming with partner agencies.
- Provide staff support to lay-led task forces and committees such as the Education Committee of the Board.
- Represent the regional and national organization at external conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Provide assistance to regional staff on other education programs.
- Partner with marketing and research to highlight success stories for community outreach and further evaluation.
- Work with regional staff to respond to discrimination complaints, anti-Semitic incidents and other civil rights issues that arise in educational settings.
- Support fundraising events as able
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills and comfort with public speaking and recruiting new clients.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to differentiate between different education modalities.
- Experience with educational systems and practices.
- Understanding of anti-bias and diversity issues.
- Computer skills, including word processing, presentation software and database management.
- Bilingual or multilingual language skills a plus.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible experience in community service, education, program management or a related field.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education/Training or a related field plus additional related college courses, professional training or equivalent work experience.
Work Environment: Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary to represent ADL, conduct training sessions and to attend community events. Some travel within the region is required. In some regions this may represent up to 20% of time.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ADL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local legislation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by following the link above