425 Astoria Boulevard South
Job Developer, Jobs-Plus Long Island City/Astoria
Founded in 2004, Urban Upbound is an innovative organization based in Long Island City, Queens that breaks cycles of poverty in New York City public housing neighborhoods. We help NYCHA residents access jobs, financial counseling, income supports, as well as becoming entrepreneurs and connections to capital via the Urban Upbound Federal Credit Union. In 2013, Urban Upbound launched the Jobs-Plus Astoria program to ensure a steady flow of job opportunities available to members of the Astoria Houses community. Every year, we put 200 residents to work in high-growth NYC industries, including technology, construction, and hospitality.
Become part of a rapidly growing organization! We are looking for a talented Job Developer to take the Jobs-Plus program to the next level. Candidate will be responsible for building a portfolio of business partnerships that lead to employment for members of the Jobs-Plus program.
- Create a sales plan based on local employer trends and community needs
- Build on existing and establish new partnerships with businesses, creating a portfolio of sustainable job opportunities for members of Jobs-Plus in technology, construction, retail and food services and other growing NYC sectors
- Collaborate with account coordinators (aka Employment coordinators who prepare members for job opportunities) to host on-site recruitment events for businesses and job seekers
- Organize an annual job fair for the broader community
- Attend networking events to meeting businesses and prospect new job opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field required
- Minimum of two years experience in sales, marketing, or related fields
- Eager, energetic, and career-minded professional looking to evolve with a rapidly expanding organization
- Sales-oriented, with strong ability to network, cultivate and maintain employer partnerships
- Strong project management skills, including managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Internet Research, and social media
- Outcomes-driven, strong analytical skills with experience using data to inform programmatic decisions
- Highly motivated, with proven capacity to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Has a sense of humor and passion for social justice
Vacation. Health. Sick
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Urban Upbound is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Enjoli Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Job Developer” in the subject line.