The Fidelity Foundations are a small group of private, non-operating foundations. The Foundations staff works closely with principals to direct and steward philanthropic giving in the arts and culture, education, community services, conservation, and science. We support capacity building for non-profits across the US and to some extent internationally.
The Staff Assistant for Program Support is an essential member of the Fidelity Foundations team and provides administrative support for program staff, grant-making, internal communications and other activities. The position will report to the VP of Operations and intersect with all members of the team.
Duties range from administrative to supporting special projects in internal communications and program area execution. The position will be in contact with clients, applicants, and grantees, thus a service-oriented attitude, professional demeanor, and respect for confidentiality is critical. The successful candidate will be a motivated, flexible, problem-solver who thrives in a complex environment. They should have strong communication skills, be able to work under tight timelines, be organized and team oriented. They should be committed to the values of the Foundations and have a high-level of integrity, ethical rigor and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Manage all program team members calendars and other administrative needs
- Coordinate travel, meetings and conference calls for program team members
- Screen incoming phone calls to the Foundations’ main line, monitor inquires to the Foundations’ email box, field requests and craft responses
- Support the drafting, editing, and production of reports, proposal invitations, grant letters, etc.
- Design engaging and well-formatted reports, presentations, figures, board books, and other communications to the staff, senior management and Trustees
- Create regular internal, summary communications to staff, senior management and Trustees
- Assist with documentation and data entry to in support of grant making
- Conduct background and content-area research to support the needs of program officers and members of the senior management
- Support execution of workflows and processes with grantees, across Foundation offices, and Trustees
- Assist with other administrative projects, tasks and processes as required
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Will consider applicants with equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
PREFRERED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE:
- Flexible, team player who is service oriented with high-level interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including phone and editing skills
- Experience with Adobe InDesign or related products required
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and strong aptitude to learn other software systems
- Sound judgment, integrity, and respect for confidentiality are absolute requirements
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of co-workers, including assistants, staff, and senior management
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter with your resume.