LOCAL INITIATIVES SUPPORT CORPORATION
POSITION TITLE: Program Assistant
REPORTS TO: LISC Charlotte Executive Director
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt / Full Time
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 38 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. These investments have leveraged more than $50 billion in development activity and helped families and communities raise their standards of living. LISC investments impact the lives of nearly 7 million Americans.
Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 31 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Our rural programs make an impact in 44 states, and are supported by LISC’s talented and dedicated workforce. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC Charlotte was founded in 2018 and is LISC’s newest office. LISC Charlotte has a mission to collaborate with residents and partners to forge inclusive, resilient communities of opportunity. We invest in housing, economic development and community infrastructure by delivering funding, technical assistance and best practices that reduce inequity, promote innovation and catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities. We believe that improving and increasing our housing supply is essential to breaking the cycle of poverty, creating wealth in underinvested areas and sustaining our economy. We meet our goals by serving as an ally, community convener, policy advocate and project catalyst, and by listening to and amplifying local voices and grassroots leadership.
The Program Assistant will support LISC Charlotte’s work in affordable housing, social determinants of health outcomes, community-based economic development, local policy advocacy and non-profit/public sector capacity building. Responsibilities will include:
- General office administrative management, including but not limited to managing calendars, performing human resource functions such as initiating processing for interns, and handling office supply orders.
- Working with other LISC departments to develop consultant contracts.
- Managing and processing invoices.
- Administering pass-through grants, including HUD Section 4, that support local projects and partnerships, including working with prospective grantees to prepare application documents and collaborating with other LISC staff to facilitate processing of grants and disbursements.
- Grants management, including tracking performance, monitoring outcomes and reporting.
- Arranging Local Advisory Committee and grantee meetings and other events including marketing, coordination of catering and venues, materials preparation and supplemental communications.
- Contributing to development of the LISC Charlotte website, including writing, curating and posting content, and supporting social media outreach.
- Assisting with preparation of funding and grant applications.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, preferred area of focus in public administration, business administration, urban studies or social work.
- 3+ years’ work experience in administration or community development preferred.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented individual who is able to successfully balance multiple priorities as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Experience with grant reporting and management.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred. Experience with website development/maintenance a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required.
- A commitment to helping communities improve their quality of life.
- LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- To Apply
- Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Program Assistant Charlotte” in the subject line of your email.
- LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Minimum Education Required