1156 15th St., NW
As one of the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy groups, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 1.5 million member activists from all 50 states and our network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
As a member of the senior management team, the Campaigns Director will work collaboratively with NARAL leaders and other department directors to achieve our mission.
The Director will have primary responsibility and day-to-day oversight of all the campaigns run by NARAL’s program team. In conjunction with the Senior Vice President of Campaigns and Strategy and the President, the Campaigns Director will help develop long and short term campaign strategies—including political, legislative, field, digital, and communication components—to achieve NARAL’s goals of advancing reproductive rights and increasing our political and organizing power.
The Campaigns Director will be a creative campaigner at heart, an experienced and thoughtful manager and a collaborative leader. The Director will have and build relationships within the progressive community and share a deep commitment to racial and social justice. The Director will have the ability to spot potential campaign opportunities and to marshal the necessary resources to respond to those opportunities quickly.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Campaigns and Strategy. This position is Exempt, Non-Union, Management Level VI.
- Work with senior management team to develop long-term strategic plans for the organization.
- Design and manage all aspects of NARAL’s campaigns, including setting the overall goals with plans, targets and timelines.
- Develop and track multiple and complex budgets.
- Coordinate and prioritize campaign work across programmatic departments.
- Lead and represent the organization in coalition work.
- Create cohesion and vision between departments on campaign priorities.
- Oversee the digital and field departments.
- Build and leverage strong, strategic relationships within the progressive community and direct team members in doing the same.
- Ability to project manage and meet competing deadlines and needs.
- Manage, supervise, develop and evaluate staff.
- Work with the development team to showcase NARAL’s campaigns to donors.
- Serve as a NARAL representative at high-level speaking engagements and meetings.
- Occasional travel for work with partner organizations, allies and coalitions.
- At least seven years experience in campaigns, advocacy or political organizing.
- Significant management experience of campaigns, people and budgets.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambitious work environment.
- High-level strategic planning skills, including an understanding of organizational, communications, political and policy elements.
- Excellence in staff management with the ability to develop, coach, and manage high-performance teams.
- Outstanding judgement and decision-making skills.
- Experience working with membership organizations and a desire to engage members.
- Relationships in the progressive community and experience working in coalitions.
- Deep attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
- Experience with the reproductive freedom movement is a plus.
- Commitment to NARAL's mission and goals.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online at https://grossmanheinz.com/jobs/. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.