Details: Dependent upon experience
4030 Brown Street
Elementary Special Education Coordinator
About the Network
Belmont Charter Network is a family of charter schools working to address the academic and social-emotional barriers hindering our students' overall success. We strive to equip each of our students with the resources and skills necessary to become successful and productive members of society. In addition to a fundamental academic curriculum, in partnership with the Community Education Alliance of West Philadelphia, we provide physical and mental health services within the school environment along with a wide variety of extracurricular programming including sports, academic enrichment and the arts. Together, our mission is to promote the academic, social and emotional well-being of each child we serve.
Our organization currently operates four schools in the Belmont area: Belmont Academy Charter School, Belmont Charter School, Belmont Charter High School and Inquiry Charter School.
Assists the Special Education Director with implementation of special education services within the school setting. Ensures that the individualized education process is of the highest quality and aligned with all state frameworks and regulations. Ensures that the delivery of services within the school are in accordance with each student's IEP, including specially designed instruction, related services, and standardized testing.
· Manage Process and Provision of Service for ELL Students (Right now only Belmont has this small population)
· Conduct entrance test (WIDA) for enrollment
· Maintain PDE enrollment on line
· Ensure support for ELL students
· Conduct yearly mandated assessment
· Ensure progress monitoring
· Secure and maintain ELL instructor
· Parent Trainings for Compliance
· Create opportunities for parent trainings specific to special education
· Plan organize and attend meetings.
· Manage School Age Evaluation and Reevaluation Process
· Manage timelines for this process
· Collect all needed data and input to send to Psychologist
· Review and send home the reports
· Ensure IEP meetings happens in timeline
· Manage Process and Provision of Service for Gifted Students and 504 students
· Summarize and review academic performance for referrals
· Set up and conduct parent meetings
· Set up testing if approved
· Create documentation of service and ensure provision
· Manage the Special Education Process and Files for Compliance
· Maintain paper files
· Maintain compliance on each file.
· Ensure timelines are in compliance
· Ensure legally sound IEP’s
· Maintain building integrity if IDEA
· Manage all 504 plans
· Ensure Child Find
· Set up and conduct parent meetings when special education testing requests are made
Minimum of Master's Degree in Education, Special Education, ABA or Psychology, Special Education Certification
Comprehensive benefits package available
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete an application at www.belmontcharternetwork.org/careers. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who meet our selection criteria will be notified about next steps in the application and hiring process.