928 Simpson Street
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the smART Leaders Program Coordinator will serve as the primary Coordinator of Casita Maria’s Art and Education SmART Leaders program. S/he will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the day to day operations of Casita Maria’s SmART Leaders program designed to elevate the collective power and voices of young women of color for personal and social transformation. The Program Coordinator will work with the Director of Education Programs to design and implement a year long program that promotes the well-being and leadership of young women of color as change agents through the lens of art and justice. The Coordinator will lead in the successful implementation of an art and education, asset based program model to develop leadership and cultural pride among young women. The Coordinator will manage a team of three Peer Leaders, college students, who will coach and mentor a team of young women participants throughout the program year, and several Teaching Artists and Teaching Activists who will provide support and guidance to the curriculum and instruction to the participants as well as assist with the culminating event of a youth summit. The Coordinator will successfully implement the three phases of the program including the education, training and mobilizing phases and ensure a successful summit is organized. Finally the Coordinator will be responsible for a year end celebration of the participants, their efforts and evaluation of the program.
The candidate will have superior understanding of serving young women of color and the roots of systemic inequities that impact young women, as well as an understanding of asset based programs designed to develop and enhance critical thinking and life skills toward lifelong civic engagement. The candidate will have superb interpersonal skills. S/he will be excellent at follow-through and adept at managing a multitude of details. S/he will be a dynamic self-starter who will help lead Casita Maria in becoming an innovator in vibrant, participatory creative youth development programming.
- Oversee programming, ensuring alignment with Casita Maria’s mission, strategy and objectives.
- Manage program budget.
- Interview, manage and evaluate Peer Leaders and teaching artist/activist staff.
- Manage community summit hosted by Casita Maria.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with partners, colleagues, parents and stakeholders.
- Represent Casita Maria at meetings and conferences as needed
- Attend team meetings to discuss programming collaboration.
- Prepare program reports with development as needed.
- Ensure excellent maintenance of participant data and files as needed.
- Collaborate in marketing of program as needed..
- Provide support to Director of Programs as needed.
- Performs additional tasks as necessitated by the position and other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and Director of Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required and 3-5 years experience in managing arts and educational programs.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, arts and education-focused environment.
- Exceptional writing as well as clear verbal communications skills required.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic about working with young women of color, LGBTQ youth and Bronx community.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, quickly and under pressure—with a sense of humor.
- Ability to prioritize tasks on a daily basis.
- Highly professional and committed to excellence.
- Strong computer skills: knowledge of Word, Excel, and Internet research required.
Casita Maria offers a competitive salary in addition to health benefits, flexible spending/transit, retirement plan, vacation and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirement request to email@example.com.