Program Leadership and Assessment: Design, oversee, support and assess dynamic programming that promotes high attendance, graduation rates and college and career readiness for BCHS students
- Partner with school administration and staff to foster program integration and student success.
- Design, oversee and support Postsecondary Readiness (college matriculation/exploration and vocational training exploration)
- Design and oversee and Internship and Career Readiness Program placing up to 75 interns, weekly career seminars, weekly work readiness workshops and job shadowing
- Oversee and support Wellness Supports, including Social Work services (ie. mandated counseling, group counseling and referrals), Attendance Improvement/Dropout Prevention (ie.Youth Success Mentorship, case conferencing with school-based support staff) and Socio-Emotional Supports (ie. gender groups and restorative justice circles)
- Plan and launch a new Alumnae Program focused on successful transitions into and persistence in college and careers.
- Engage St. Nicks Alliance AmeriCorps service members to assist with AIDP efforts, postsecondary monthly newsletter, college fairs/visits, alumnae program, career exposure activities, etc.
- Collaborate with other SNA Teen Programs on curriculum, program development, career exploration and post-secondary readiness.
- Attend monthly and quarterly Director’s meeting with the Office of Post Secondary Readiness and United Neighborhood Houses
- Oversee data and outcomes tracking (ie. attendance, grade point average and credit accumulation) in St. Nicks Alliance’s Efforts to Outcomes system and other systems, as needed.
Staff Leadership and Talent Development: Attract, cultivate and retain highly competent staff.
- Hire, supervise and coach a four-person team (Internship Coordinator, Social Worker, Post-Secondary Coordinator and AmeriCorps member)
- Ensure that interns are successfully onboarded, trained and supported
- Develop a strong team within LTW consistent with the transformational culture of St. Nicks Alliance
- Meaningfully contribute to a strong team across St. Nicks Alliance’s teen portfolio and Youth and Education Department
- Work closely with Youth and Education leadership and the LTW team to identify and engage in professional development opportunities and career planning, to ensure continued growth
Budget Management and Resource Development: Partner with key St. Nicks Alliance and BCHS to effectively plan, track and spend down annual budget
- Participate in annual budget development and mid-year modifications
- Carefully track internship expenditures
- Evaluate and analyze services, and make appropriate changes and alterations to maintain a best practice approach.
- Increase utilization of resources and partnerships, both internal and external, to expand exposure for students.
- Bachelors required, Masters in related field (i.e. Social Work, School Counseling) strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of high-risk teens/young adults and their ability to overcome obstacles and thrive
- Deep knowledge of workforce and college readiness
- Strengths-based leader with proven ability to supervise and coach staff around their work with young people
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability communicate and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders and constituents
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: